• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (2 Viewers)

Sophie777

I don't think christians are stupid for believing what they do. I don't know, what if I find out one day there is a God.. I know in the back of my mind that this could be possible. Hence, If i understand where you come from with a desire to believe then how could I discredit you? All I lack is the provision of evidence to me so that I can believe as I don't have faith.

Sophie777

superbird said:
Once again sophie777 you show ur arrogance towards other religions. You have absolutely no right what so ever to say that the Bible or even the Koran for that matter is not true. Show some respect for the billions of people around the world who have religion and stop thinking about urself!
All I said was it isn't humanly possible to have 56 children and if you can find one fault in the bible, then the entire thing is void.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Again.. lets keep on track in this debate....
All you're doing is calling all atheists arrogant ignorant idiots, name calling and saying 'stop fighting!' when you've participated in this yourself is just a distraction from what we should be talking about.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
I think the question of the validity of the Bible IS relevant, as all of Christendom is based on the idea that God is Knowable, but only through His Word, which is made explicitly clear in the Bible. Therefore, if God's Word has been proven false/contradictory/out of line with "Christian morality", then surely you have to question the Christian God's existence. I just can't see how intelligent people, who understand that religion in general is 90% a psychological thing, very much apart from an actual creator/ruler of the universe thing, can still believe...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I think i provided reasons earlier... comfort, security, justice, wanting to believe there's MORE out there....etc etc
All fairly valid reasons, but i don't think christians own up to them very often lol

Sophie777

No, they don't. I wonder how it would feel though if you had convinced yourself God was there... in your mind, this weird spirit. I wonder how it would feel if someone tried to tell you it wasn't real. You really would think it was and no logic could tear it away from you.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
That's what I mean though - can people actually just shut off the logical part of their brain that says "I'm just doing this so I can feel better" and genuinely believe? I dunno, it just seems like a pretty hard (and pointless) thing to do.

bexta

HSC
This is probably the most stupid statement I have heard from this thread. Christians have no right to believe in the Bible? What a fucked up stupid statement is that. You obviously dont have a brain.
I think you read wrong. In its lowest form, I said that Christians are basing their whole life on a Book that is false.
How is that relivant to me having a brain or not? I think it is you my friend with no brain ;-)

superbird

HSC
bexta said:
I think you read wrong. In its lowest form, I said that Christians are basing their whole life on a Book that is false.
How is that relivant to me having a brain or not? I think it is you my friend with no brain ;-)
Yes you are a smart fellow ;-) And who are you to declare the Bible as false?
Moron

bexta

HSC
NO! and u are just as thick-headed as Sophie.

How can you deny calling her stupid?
Please check out http://www.estwanjo.com/stupid.jpg

bexta

HSC
I have as much a right to say the Bible is false (like Sophie has stated)
as do you have the right to follow and belive any religion you wish.
I'm not here to try and discourage you or make you try and renounce your faith.. I'm just taking part in a debate.

superbird

HSC
you said that "Christians have no right to believe in the Bible". Hence the stupidity

superbird

HSC
bexta said:
I see no stupidity in that statement.....
u must be blind. yet now i can see why you are a hypocrite. you go on about having the right to say this and that, yet u go on to say that the 2 billion Christians around the world have no right to believe in the Bible.
I think you're simply too young to be participating in this thread (you were born in 1991). Come back when you are more mature and aware of what you are saying :)

bexta

HSC
I'm 13. So what?
I've made more logical posts than you in this debate. And how can you say that im "unaware" of what im saying?
I don't really plan to be in this forum for a while anyway... just wanted to do a bit of shit-stirring then get back to CS.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
superbird said:
u must be blind. yet now i can see why you are a hypocrite. you go on about having the right to say this and that, yet u go on to say that the 2 billion Christians around the world have no right to believe in the Bible.
I think you're simply too young to be participating in this thread (you were born in 1991). Come back when you are more mature and aware of what you are saying :)
Yes! if 2 billion people believe it it can't be wrong!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my god! i've wasted my atheist life!!!

superbird

HSC
bexta said:
I'm 13. So what?
I've made more logical posts than you in this debate. And how can you say that im "unaware" of what im saying?
I don't really plan to be in this forum for a while anyway... just wanted to do a bit of shit-stirring then get back to CS.
your posts are far from logical. anyways do us all a favor and go back to playing CS :uhhuh:

superbird

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Yes! if 2 billion people believe it it can't be wrong!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my god! i've wasted my atheist life!!!
I am talking about their rights to believing the Bible. Not whether they are right or wrong. Another person who cannot read

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
It amazes me that a 13 year old can see it and you can't.
Hopefully this is a sign that as the generations go on... religion is losing its 'power' over us even more :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)