• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (5 Viewers)

Sophie777

Meh. Calm down guys. I have every right to say the bible isn't true. You can't prove it is. You have no right to disallow me the right to express my opinion. I don't have a limited understanding of the faith. How can you possibly discredit my opinion because you can't actually prove your own. In what way can the bible be proved as fact? It depends on the existence of God and the truth of God depends on the existence of God. How can you prove either of these to be true?

I and many other people believe the bible to be false, just as you believe it to be true. It is just as insulting for you to suggest it IS true and hence mock my way of living as being 'misled' as it is for me to say it is untrue.

What is it with religious people that you think you are free from any criticism. You somehow think you are better than everyone else because you have your faith. Wake up to yourselves! You are allowed to say you believe in God, 'just because i do' and I can't say I don't believe in God and the bible is untrue 'just because'. You are all hypocrits.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
I like it how the Bible is a god's word yet it was translated into written form by certain men back in a specific period of time... Shouldn't it be open to revision?

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Sophie777 said:
Meh. Calm down guys. I have every right to say the bible isn't true. You can't prove it is. You have no right to disallow me the right to express my opinion. I don't have a limited understanding of the faith. How can you possibly discredit my opinion because you can't actually prove your own. In what was can the bible be proved as fact? It depends on the existence of God and the truth of God depends on the existence of God. How can you prove either of these to be true?

I and many other people believe the bible to be false, just as you believe it to be true. It is just as insulting for you to suggest it IS true and hence mock my way of living as being 'misled' as it is for me to say it is untrue.

What is it with religious people that you think you are free from any criticism. You somehow think you are better than everyone else because you have your faith. Wake up to yourselves! You are allowed to say you believe in God, 'just because i do' and I can't say I don't believe in God and the bible is untrue 'just because'. You are all hypocrits.
Sophie, you've written better stuff than that. Please don't generalise religious people. It's insulting for me when you say it's false with such confidence as much as it is insulting to you that Christians say it's true with confidence. I thought before, both Christian and Atheist agreed that we just don't know??? Correct me if I'm wrong. And I understand why you can think "Bible is sus... some things don't connect.".... Do you get what I'm saying hun?

superbird

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Sophie, you've written better stuff than that. Please don't generalise religious people. It's insulting for me when you say it's false with such confidence as much as it is insulting to you that Christians say it's true with confidence. I thought before, both Christian and Atheist agreed that we just don't know??? Correct me if I'm wrong. And I understand why you can think "Bible is sus... some things don't connect.".... Do you get what I'm saying hun?
I wouldn't bother reasoning with her. She is just too arrogant to understand. Anyways goodluck to her.

Sophie777

I just said that ur_inner_child... I said that it is insulting to me that people say it is true but i can't say it isn't.

Superbird, I am not arrogant. I live my life based on morals that I actually believe in, rather than those set out in a book. If you don't have time to actually listen and read then you should get off the board. My whole point was that you can say it is true with confidence but i am not allowed to say it is false? That isn't fair. Religous people should be able to see that I have a right to have as much confidence with no proof in the fact the bible is wrong as you can have confidence in the fact it is true with no proof.

You would rather make personal comments without knowing anything about me, only reading posts on the board rather than coming up with an actual argument as to why the bible is true and hence why I lack actual understanding.

Sophie777

By the way superbird. I really hope there is God and I am unsure as to whether there is one. At least I can admit to not knowing if there is a God. If anyone is arrogant as to thinking they are ultimately right then it would be you.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Sophie777 said:
The bible is Gods word. The parts written by the disciples is them apparantly writing Gods word. The reason it doesn't make sense is because it isn't true.
Sorry to do that, but I had to show you where I got offended.

Sophie777

Sophie777 said:
Meh. Calm down guys. I have every right to say the bible isn't true. You can't prove it is. You have no right to disallow me the right to express my opinion. I don't have a limited understanding of the faith. How can you possibly discredit my opinion because you can't actually prove your own. In what way can the bible be proved as fact? It depends on the existence of God and the truth of God depends on the existence of God. How can you prove either of these to be true?

I already explained why I said that.

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
Sophie777 said:

Nobody is disallowing you to express your opinion. Don't be so dramatic.

And it's nobody's job to prove anything to you, they do it because they choose to.

Sophie777

Really? Then my opinion as to the bible being false? Was I allowed to say that? It isn't dramatic at all. In actual fact, the theists on this board got very overly insulted at my comment and dramatised its significance. It is my opinion as to the bible being false and I have many reasons as to why. If someone want to have an argument about why I can't say the bible is incorrect then YES it is their job to prove that it is.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Sophie777 said:
I already explained why I said that.
Mate, not all Christians preach and insist its true and hate everyone that thinks otherwise. So don't go down to their level and make a confident judgment.

superbird

HSC
Sophie777 said:
By the way superbird. I really hope there is God and I am unsure as to whether there is one. At least I can admit to not knowing if there is a God. If anyone is arrogant as to thinking they are ultimately right then it would be you.
so now im arrogant because i dont admit to not knowing whether there is a God. You are so messed up that you dont know what the hell you are saying.
you claim that you are a moral person yet you have the nerve to say one's religion is not true.
neways im not gonna sit here and right a whole thesis just to proove to YOU that God exists. Besides you have already made up your mind by saying that the Bible is untrue when clearly you have absolutely no idea

Sophie777

Oh my God. Why don't you all learn how to be good christians and LISTEN TO OTHERS. I'm sure God doesn't want you calling people names and making ill-informed judgements. Even if you think I am an idiot, I'm sure if you had morals and any consideration for other people you would refrain from calling me one?

I say he doesn't exist, I say the bible is wrong, I say everything you believe is wrong JUST BECAUSE. I say this with just as much evidence as to its truth as you have all presented.

This is my opinion. I hope there is a God, most of you would not go to heaven. You don't get a pass to heaven just cos you believe, you must also be a good person.

Ur_inner_child. Thanks heaps. NOT.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Sophie777 said:
Oh my God. Why don't you all learn how to be good christians and LISTEN TO OTHERS. I'm sure God doesn't want you calling people names and making ill-informed judgements. Even if you think I am an idiot, I'm sure if you had morals and any consideration for other people you would refrain from calling me one?

I say he doesn't exist, I say the bible is wrong, I say everything you believe is wrong JUST BECAUSE. I say this with just as much evidence as to its truth as you have all presented.

This is my opinion. I hope there is a God, most of you would not go to heaven. You don't get a pass to heaven just cos you believe, you must also be a good person.

Ur_inner_child. Thanks heaps. NOT.
Hell I'm listening to others. I'm engaging in a debate and saying that there are holes in your argument. Sorry i thought thread was WHAT IT WAS FOR

Sophie777

No, you picked on the one thing I said that insulted you and ignored that I repeated this point and explained why I said it.

Generator

HSC
N/A
We all have our own beliefs and what is true for one cannot be true for another seeing as though we all personalise generalised belief structures (be they religious or not) in a certain way so that they conform to our own frame of mind... In conclusion, your god may exist within your mind, yet not in mine.

Sophie777

Yes, there is the truth of the argument. I don't know why there is an argument over someone saying God doesn't exist to them and the bible isn't true to them. I spose we will never know who is right.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Religion is just an excuse for prejudice and arguments. People join a religion so they can fight.

You all prove this.

superbird

HSC
jumb said:
Religion is just an excuse for prejudice and arguments. People join a religion so they can fight.

You all prove this.
Doubt it I would say its quite the opposite. People choose to have no religion to hold arguments and prejudice towards people who do have religion. Perfect example: Sophie777

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)