• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Do you bother writing out notes? (1 Viewer)

Do you bother writing out notes?

• YES

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • Nope!! - wat a waste of time!!!

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
N

ND

I wrote out notes for all dot points, but i never use them now, i just refer directly to the textbook.

Dangar

my notes definitely help me!! I couldn't do without them...it was more the making of them actually that helped me because it took me ages but now i can have confidence that no matter what they ask i will be able to write something. And bringing all the knowledge that you want together from all my different sources and having to articulate it on paper was a huge step forward for me so now i don't have to do that in the exams.

Rahul

Dead Member
yes i'm tyoping out my notes....and if you dont make notes on the dot points you wont go well in this subject at all.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
i need notes... after i've done them i go thru the textbook and past papers, but my notes are def my most important study aid..
i only write them cuz if i turn on teh computer to type em i always end up doing other stuf... *sigh like now... stupid essay..

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i learned alot while im compiling notes, not sure ive actually used them much after i finished them, maybe just for quick references, rather than going through it all for study... but its definitely worth doing...

i dun type them out cuz 1/ comp=distraction, 2/ diagrams are too problematic 3/ i wanna practice writing like for both sciences and english hahaha

shadowRRL

HSC
By writing out notes that are my own words make it extremely easy for me to understand and remember longer as well

So I reckon it's worth a try

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
for physics I do my own notes, chem I dont

like ShadowRRL said, its easier because you put it in your own words, and since you're making your own notes, you sort of remember them by..and when the exams come, I just re-read summaries and do past papers. For me, its much easier cause my txtbook seems complicated and has too much info on the dot pnt that I dont need.

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Once you type them (not copying of course), you should be able to remember everything anyways. It's not like factual recalls are hard..

Unless your notes are 100+ pages..

McDaddy

HSC
N/A
I find making your own notes for all subjects really helps. Not only as a reference when your doing past papers but actually creating the notes helps you revise all the work you've done and hopefully find any gaps in your knowledge - which can be easily rectified before the exam.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i dropped physics at the end of year 11, but my teachers theory of class notes looked a little something like this:

title
refer to text

so, yeah, my class kinda needed to do lots of work on our own.

bails

The only thing i use is a few summarys, theres no point in re writtin whats already there, thats what the excell book and a highlighter is 4! And no point making new summaries, coz they are there from the trial, easy done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)