• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Demotivated, depressed, and despairing. (1 Viewer)

Serenata

HSC
It's second period and I'm already curled up around my laptop, wishing that there was something... other than the HSC in my life. I love learning, once I get around to studying I actually like it, and now I'm sitting here and writing this rather than doing anything else and feeling like a fool for doing it. I can't seem to concentrate and I keep procrastinating.

How many other people are feeling like this? Are there any ways of getting motivated? Any study tips on how to keep interested in what we're revising, or how to make revision interesting? If we've performed badly so far, is there any hope? .__.

PS: I don't even know if this is in the right place, but if it isn't, I apologise.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Tell us some more about yourself, so we can help out a bit more =)

ie: What do you do to procrastinate, what's troubling you atm, how you study etc etc.

The fact that you love learning is already a huge bonus that many students don't have. If I were you, I would use that to my advantage.

Bobbo1

HSC
Only another 2 months to go and then you get a 3 months holiday!!. So just keep at it, and remember why are you are in school studying in the first place...Also try studying with some friends to regain your motivation

kayven

HSC
Try going to universities and talk to people about the course you want to do. It will give you motivation to try and be like them!

We are on the home stretch! Dont give up on your dreams!

theholy1

HSC
just stay focused.

you realise that the final exam is worth 50 percent of your final mark, so if youve screwed up there's still one more chance to fix things.

I suggest in these last 2 weeks of school make a plan for what you are going to do after the holidays, and if you just study 1 subject a day for about 2 hours, youll have more than enough time to do well.

just hang in there!!!!

Memento-mori

HSC
Oh I know how you feel. I am completely depressed and tired. Plus, I'm on Prozac (started literally the day after trials) and I can't motivate to get any work done, and the worst thing is that I promised some teachers practice essays, yet I sit in front of the computer, I can't concentrate, get dehydrated, takes me so long to type a paragraph that's readable. Stupid side effects. Oh, and sorry guys, I have to have a little rant here. EAS gives you hardly any bonus points, special previsions are now only for extreme cases. Also I hate it whenever a family member talks to me, it's always about the HSC. It's even more annoying when people think: You are depressed and you are in year twelve. OMG, it has to be because of the HSC or exam stress! Never mind the fact I've been depressed for over 6 years.

Anyway, in terms of motivation, I liked that uni suggestion. Open days are the way to go :) I remember going to the Career's Expo in Moore Park, and I remember going home that afternoon and getting heaps of study done. Anywhoo, a person talked at my school last week and she said to my year group that there is way too much going on to do any significant amount of study before graduation. If you have to do the very bare minimum, just try to get your notes done in the next three week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)