• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Degree In A Day (2 Viewers)

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Like the person I am...I procrastinated on my application and ended up missing out on all courses....:(
needless to say I did not attend the "degree in a day"

spyborg

HSC
N/A
i went on thursday and it was awesome and not just for the pizzas lol

dux&src

HSC
Are you telling me that u reserved seats and u didnt go? :eek:
why absoultely not! That would be very inconsiderate to other people..

I am simply saying that if i had bothered to read the form carefully and taken note of the registration closing date I would probably have had a chance to get into at least one of the courses...:(

HSC
why absoultely not! That would be very inconsiderate to other people..

I am simply saying that if i had bothered to read the form carefully and taken note of the registration closing date I would probably have had a chance to get into at least one of the courses...:(
yea, same with me. I didnt notice that we had to registered. I thought it would be an event open to everyone.

dux&src

HSC
yea, same with me. I didnt notice that we had to registered. I thought it would be an event open to everyone.
AWww we are both dopies then yeah ??

Lol

i don't want to miss out next time such an event comes by...!

Kittikhun

HSC
Well you guys could still attend the Sydney LIVE Open Day on August 29th. I'm thinking about going to that, just for the experience. It looks intriguing. Also, to be honest, I think it was a sort of waste going to 'degree in a day'. I felt so stupid and low amongst all the private and selective school students on Thursday. My buddy and me were probably the only ones who were from a non-selective public school that attended. It felt so bad, especially when I relased that I could have caught up with my work on that day. The only plus' I could see that I gained from it was that I knew more about M-theory and physics in general and that I gained the knowledge that I could get inside the campus anytime I want and stay in the university's library. :)

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
Well you guys could still attend the Sydney LIVE Open Day on August 29th. I'm thinking about going to that, just for the experience. It looks intriguing. Also, to be honest, I think it was a sort of waste going to 'degree in a day'. I felt so stupid and low amongst all the private and selective school students on Thursday. My buddy and me were probably the only ones who were from a non-selective public school that attended. It felt so bad, especially when I relased that I could have caught up with my work on that day. The only plus' I could see that I gained from it was that I knew more about M-theory and physics in general and that I gained the knowledge that I could get inside the campus anytime I want and stay in the university's library. :)

oh wow!i want to go that open day!!

gawsh! don't feel low! that's ridiculous! believe me, u weren't the only people from non-selective, public schools- it just felt that way

:haha: entering the campus anytime and staying in their library ... and ur in year 11! that made me laugh

so true tho.. how would they tell if u go to the uni? unless in the unlikely event that they ask for ur syd. uni identity card.... then u would be in trouble..

Kittikhun

HSC
I'm Asian, I carry a 10 kg bag for school and for intellectual activities all the time, those guys will never ask me whether I go to Sydney Uni or not. You just need to blend in.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)