• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

could you please take this very short survey on effective learning styles? (1 Viewer)

Hypem

HSC
Done, and this survey made me think about some things:

1. For whatever reason, I can't really learn in a school environment. It isn't until I get home and revise that I truly learn what we were just taught.
2. When learning a brand new concept, the language it is written in must be very very simple. The more I familiarise myself with the content, the more advanced the language used can be.
3. Watching videos on the content matter alone and writing notes truly helps me visualise the content more thoroughly, and I can apply what I learnt better.
4. Most teachers don't teach very effectively. I know if I were a teacher, I'd take the troubles I had in school and teach them very slowly and use very basic language. This includes videos on, for example, the Michelson-Morley experiment. The sheets my teacher gave us just made me "what" the whole thing. However watching a video on it made me understand instantly.

The above does not apply to English or Maths, but does with my other subjects. That's one reason why Wikipedia (the Math articles are honestly the worst things ever) is pretty bad for actually learning new stuff; awful almost, and should only be used to brush up on already-known content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)