• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Core 1 assessment!..damn poltical speech?!! (1 Viewer)

emz!

hello there..
i have been given the core 1 assessment.. but its a political speech and to tell you the truth i don't have alot to do with politics..soo..im asking 4 anyones help..
here is the question:

YOU ARE TO WRITE A CAMPAIGN SPEECH FOR A MAJOR POLITICAL PARTY THAT PRESENT YOUR PARTY VIEWS ON HEALTH IN AUS- NOW AND IN THE FUTURE..blah blah

so i am asking all you imaginative pdhpe students out there to plz help me come up with some imaginative and interresting health policies..
thanku so much

p.s without wings.. ur some kind of pdhpe wonder! ur a legend dude!

Cab31

HSC
first of all you need to study what the major problems for health are in Australia - i.e the national health priority areas. then for each one of them you need to come up with campaigns to PREVENT these diseases occuring because most of them are lifestyle related and hence are preventable.
the national priority areas identified in the syllabus are:
1. CVD
2. cancer
3. Mental health
4. injuries
5. diabetes
6 (if its included yet) Asthma

research the causes of these diseases and then figure out strategies for preventing these diseases. keep in mind that the population is aging, and as a political speech you should concentrate on preventative actions that lessen the burden on the health care system in the future.
for example - you could initiate compulsary gyms in large companies which provide a place for the employees to exercise at lunch times, before/ after work. these could be subsidised by the government and would be actively preventing CVD, some cancers, mental health (as exercise helps prevent depression) and diabetes.
there are plenty more you can come up with if you brainstorm ways to prevent the causes of the diseases, as one idea wont be enough, the rest is up to you. ;)

emz!

Thanks heaps cab31.. guess i got a bit of work ahead of me ey..

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
cab31 you beat withoutwings to it! nice work :D

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
do you work in a bar? and no you didnt beat me to it, cos i dont answer questions from core 1, cos i cant remember much. :p

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
oh so this is your forum *steps back*

ok maybe ill stop spamming and add to this. i think you should include something about medicare and how the majority of GPs now do not bulk bill. something about the howard government and there medicare policies.....

are you happy now karen? hehe j/k

miket

HSC
Whats some other sites to find life expectancy rates, mortality rates, morbidity etc i tried www.aihw.go.au but doesnt work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)