• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Contract law (1 Viewer)

pinkchibi

HSC
[FONT=&quot]Andy advertised a block of land for sale, stating that it was zoned for light industrial. Tim, who wanted to build a workshop from which to run his mechanical repair business, inspected the property and agreed to buy it. After negotiations and before Andy and Tim signed the contract of sale, the Council changed the zoning of the land to residential, a fact known to Andy, but not Tim. Tim signed the contract and has now discovered that he cannot build his workshop.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Advise Tim[/FONT]

Can someone help me understand this? im not sure which law to apply.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
stop trying to make us to make do your uni assignments?

and it's just that, contract law. IIRC - the contract would be rescinded.

izzy88

HSC
might get more responses if you asked in the law forum rather than employment/real estate and finance...

Fireworkss

HSC
Not too sure because I haven't done contracts yet... but:

Section 52 of the Trade Practices Act. deals with misleading and deceptive conduct. Prior to Tim signing the contract he was not made explicitly aware of the terms, namely the zoning of the land being changed to residential. Andy is held accountable for failing to notify Tim of this amendment which implies deceit. On the grounds of not disclosing the truth, the contract can be repealed.

Last edited:
D

Deloras44

Thanks to provide good information and i am searching from many times.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Not too sure because I haven't done contracts yet... but:

Section 52 of the Trade Practices Act. deals with misleading and deceptive conduct. Prior to Tim signing the contract he was not made explicitly aware of the terms, namely the zoning of the land being changed to residential. Andy is held accountable for failing to notify Tim of this amendment which implies deceit. On the grounds of not disclosing the truth, the contract can be repealed.
they stopped using the TPA years ago... its something very similar now, but different...

looks like someone failed contracts and is trying to catch up through the summer semester...

If you don't get contract law you're gonna have a bad time...

not giving advice or anything... but there is a hell of a lot you can use for this and it seems like a pretty basic problem which would probably have a common sense outcome (like most things in contract law)...

wait till you get to equity and trusts... hehehe

if it helps, I did kind of bad in contracts as well... its a subject that really sorts out the men from the boys; if you are patient you should be alright... Just include as much as you can... all the arguments, possible defences, damages, etc...

Last edited:

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
s52 of TPA has now been transferred to s 18 of ACL. There is a slight difference though. s 52 says "a corporation" and I believe s 18 says "a person"

and wow to the revival of this thread

Last edited:

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
s52 of TPA has now been transferred to s 18 of ACL. There is a slight difference though. s 52 says "a corporation" and I believe s 18 says "a person"

and wow to the revival of this thread
didn't actually notice... hahaha...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)