• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

concepts of journey? (1 Viewer)

smartalec

HSC
hi, i was just wondering. what is the difference between a concept and an aspect of journey.

brendroid

HSC
You're in Advanced English. Let's see if we can help you get to your answer in a way that gets you thinking.

What is a concept?

What is an aspect?

smartalec

HSC
i know a concept is like a journey and an aspect is like the udnerlying idea behind it, but if there was a question such as 'how does the image convey the concept of journey' when doing visual techniques, would i incorporate aspects such as, the vectors suggest that the journey would be long for instance.

brendroid

HSC
This isn't the rubric, but:

Concept: an abstract or general idea inferred or derived from specific instances

Aspect: a distinct feature or element in a problem; "he studied every facet of the question"
a characteristic to be considered
view: the visual percept of a region; "the most desirable feature of the park are the beautiful views"
the beginning or duration or completion or repetition of the action of a verb
expression: the feelings expressed on a person's face; "a sad expression"; "a look of triumph"; "an angry face"

smartalec

HSC
yes i know the difference now. but whilst explaining the concept of journey in a question like 'how does this convey the concept of journey' would i incorporte aspects of journeys to support anything i say, such as the vectors suggest the journey is quite long and tedious.

brendroid

HSC
The definition I posted above includes aspect as 'a distinct feature or element of the problem'. If the concept is journey, as you said, and an aspect is an underlying idea behind it then surely you would need to use both.

Using your question, I've found an image. Could you try and show how this image conveys the concept of a journey.

The Journey by *xeena-dragonkizz on deviantART

smartalec

HSC
hmm so could you jsut say with the picture.: vectors here are used to convey the concept of journey through the imaginative reading lines shown starting at the journeyman and leading through a rainbow, to the top left hand corner of the sky. The vectors end at a particularly white and bright part of the image which suggests that the journey may have a very positive outcome through this sense of hope, although is seemingly long to get there.

real briefly. is that alright?

brendroid

HSC
That should be okay. Keep in mind that most images are used for a one mark question, so you'd be asked to draw one thing from the picture such as 'name one way that the image presents the idea of journeys'.

smartalec

HSC
thankyou very much for your persistency :)
greatly appreciated :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)