• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Comp115 Prac Dilema (1 Viewer)

Catastrophe

HSC
Supra said:
yeh they r going to really anal, theyre all assholes after all (pardon the pun which was UNintended) except for lee flax...
U need 8 passes to pass the unit overall
we submit like 11 or 12 pracs in total llowing u to fail/not submit only a few times.
if u dont get these passess i assume u fail...but this a fukn stupid rule, it makes the final exam pointless for those that got < 8 passes

does that mean i already failed lol? i didnt do the practs last few wks......cos i have no idea how to deal with voids and classes and arrays.....this is seriously the WORST subject ever......didnt like it in first place, now gonna auto fail...

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
its the worst subject on the actuarial programme thats for sure :p
i fkn hate it soo much possibly coz of the poor staff, ineffective teaching, lack of organisation.

um im pretty sure im right about the passes in the pracs...but ryan/Crashoveride or other ppl can confirm this...its a stupid system tho

what degrees r u guys doing, only actuaries, and computing ppl should do this subject, one of my friends is doin commerce and chose to do 115, a big mistake, as isys123 is much easier...

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
ok i gotta add that prac 12 is on the submit page, due on Jun 5th (Sunday) 11pm...
late submissions for assignments are still possible...

COMP115 Study Guide said:
There is a late penalty of 20% per day late.
day 1 finished yesterday, day 2 deadline is today at 5pm

CrashOveride

HSC
oh wtf
maybe u 115 guys have it differently

in 155, its liek 60% for 2 days =p

Catastrophe

HSC
Supra said:
its the worst subject on the actuarial programme thats for sure :p
i fkn hate it soo much possibly coz of the poor staff, ineffective teaching, lack of organisation.

um im pretty sure im right about the passes in the pracs...but ryan/Crashoveride or other ppl can confirm this...its a stupid system tho

what degrees r u guys doing, only actuaries, and computing ppl should do this subject, one of my friends is doin commerce and chose to do 115, a big mistake, as isys123 is much easier...
well, so it means if i dont pass 8 practs, i already failed? i do E-business btw, just to transfer to accg.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
yea if u dont do the 8 pracs, instant fail

cause if u dont pass 8 of em, u can't do the final exam, which is weighted 70%

Catastrophe

HSC
:: ryan.cck :: said:
yea if u dont do the 8 pracs, instant fail

cause if u dont pass 8 of em, u can't do the final exam, which is weighted 70%

ok.......i already failed then, waste of time doing the assignments...and going crazy over practs and assignments.

stepher

HSC
N/A
i found this on the FAQs page of the comp115 homepage

[May 23] (Prac Exercise Policy)

The unit study-guide says I must get a PASS in at least 8 prac submissions. What does that mean?
PASS means satisfactory performance. The lecturers will look at many factors in determining whether a student’s performance in prac-submissions is overall satisfactory or not. We suggest you continue putting your best effort to pracs, assignments and exam preparation.

i wish they'd be a bit more clear. they should be a bit more leniant and let you just SUBMIT 8.
grrr... stupid comp department

Catastrophe

HSC
i dont think other subjects have this stupid rule......how can u auto fail for not doing well in 90% of ur hw........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)