• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

commerce/law (1 Viewer)

maomaobrowncow

HSC
greetings, in relation to studying commerce/law at usyd or unsw, im guessing there is no way of getting in straight away with a uai of 96.65..but i would just like to confirm. thanks for your time.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
No, what you have described is indeed impossible. You should certainly not list it as your #1 preference and then use your other preferences, as UAC will not think you are a serious applicant and bar you from all university applications for life.

maomaobrowncow

HSC
lol that is definitely reassurring..though i have not considered putting it as a preference anyway. do you know how transfer works? would it be the same as getting straight in, considering you usually only do one of your 2 degrees in the first year..or am i deluded?

lionking1191

HSC
maomaobrowncow said:
lol that is definitely reassurring..though i have not considered putting it as a preference anyway. do you know how transfer works? would it be the same as getting straight in, considering you usually only do one of your 2 degrees in the first year..or am i deluded?
consider doing an undergrad course at UNSW and getting an internal transfer. from the letter they sent out i remember skimming over some 'internal advantage' thing they are introducing in '09 before consigning it to the waste bucket.

usyd is over-rated anyhow :p

maomaobrowncow

HSC
im planning to do B com at syd then transferring to com/law either at syd or to unsw..would that work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)