• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

collection of essays (1 Viewer)

AGB

HSC
hi everyone

do many ppl using the forum write essays for eco's frequently on the computer?? i was thinking that it would be a good idea for people to post their essays in a thread for everyone to see, read and comment on

it would also benefit everyone in the sense that we would be getting additional information as well as examining the styles of writing of other people.........

wot duz every1 think??

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I've scanned most of my essays from last yr. (I got between 17 and 19 out of 20 for all of them)

If enough ppl wanna see them, ill put links here
I've already sent them to the Admins and it will be up on the BoS site wen they upload everything I guess

ellipsis

HSC
Yeah put links !!!
The sooner the better, cos I have a few assessments for ecos coming up.
I can deal with the fact that everyone is really busy and can't upload all the notes till like June or whatever, and I'm not asking them too, but if you've got yours scanned already, post away !!

I think the idea is open to abuse though. There are heaps of people who read here but don't post, and they could rip off all our work, steal the statistics and plagiarise the good bits, but not give anything back in return (though Minai, you've got nought to lose since you're at uni, so go for it !!!). It'd be pretty slack if say 3 or 4 people did it but heaps more read it, and you get into an exam thinking you've researched some good stuff, and every third person has it so you lose the stand out from the crowd factor.

I'm up for sharing with people who will share in return though. Is there a way of making a thread accesible to ppl who post in it only ? I suppose not hey....

bobo123

HSC
sorry
most of my tasks are in class
and i got no scanner

getting new comp+stuff end of year though so lucky year 11s i guess :D :D

PG5

HSC
My essay is due in a fortnight... i'm up for sharing as well, after i get the marks back. If i don't get very good marks, it'll be a bit embarrassing to share it... hehe... so i'd have 2nd thoughts about it...

Hmm... about the sharing issue and other non-posting people just leeching information from the essay's without proper reference, will it be better if we personally trade essay's with each other? In this way, very few people would have obtained the innovative ideas that might have been put forward by the composer of the essay through their essay. And.. come HSC marking time, you would still have some information/ideas that are different from the rest... Still have that uniqueness in your essay that might impress the markers.
just my thoughts.....

after HSC though, I'm OK with sharing with everyone because it's all over for this year's yr 12 students.
from 2day... it's 173 days till HSC... argh!

AGB

HSC
duz every1 wanna post their email addy's and then we can make a mailing list???

i hav a good irish case study that covers all areas of the syllabus and i got 20/20 for it so ill send it out if u want

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad

bobo123

HSC
i have a special request
i wana have a look at anyone who did a case study on globalisation on japan
if you could PM me that would be great

cheers

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
It would probably be a good idea to regularly write essays, although my teacher says that it's semi-pointless spending too much time writting essays when you are only half way through the course, since by the time we finish the course we will know a lot more stuff and be a lot more comfortable with it all.
But I guess even if I did write them, I wouldn't be typing them up as I'm a preety slow typer and I don't have a scanner, so yeah.
In regard to people being scraed about others stealing their info, I don't think that is really an issue because everyone has access to the same statistics and the syllabus is preety precise on what we need to know, so even if you do put supplementary stuff in your essay you wont really be awarded for it, unless of course it's something specific like the case study.

yeahyeahyeahs

Wow Minai did you write that Australia + Globalisation essay on the spot? so much info in there I'm seriously doubting my ability in economics now :( I like this idea of reading other people's essays so there's a general idea of the language to use and kinda like a standard to reach up to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)