• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Coke Live N Local thingy (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

Anyone else going? A free ticket to see the Living End aint too bad :cool:

Mike iE

HSC
My mates band is supporting Kid Courageous lol at the annandale for one of the Under 18 gigs. I'm too old to get in, but they've assured me that they will bag KC for me.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Mike iE said:
My mates band is supporting Kid Courageous lol at the annandale for one of the Under 18 gigs. I'm too old to get in, but they've assured me that they will bag KC for me.
I'm going to that, it's such a joke. A mate invited me, so I said why not. Kid Courageous are so unbelievably shit, I really hope your mates band is good.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
one of my friends hooked up with the lead guy from kid courageous...yeah the one who wears too much makeup

ewwwww

poor girl, and when i say girl - i should specify - my friend

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
fuck i hate kid couragous, i saw em a few months ago at cronulla, i was in the front of the crowd after the great UNPAID DEBT and then we all just walked off...couldnt stand the fucking emo lead dude...

anyway, wat bands are playin this year?? u say living end.....sounds gud, wats the line up?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah free tix to see dallas, spiderbait, living end, and spazzys aint too shabby at all

Ellie-Bee

HSC
when i scored a ticket to one of those gigs it was for 15 to 17 year olds. i'm 18. you see the conundrum yeah?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ellie-Bee said:
when i scored a ticket to one of those gigs it was for 15 to 17 year olds. i'm 18. you see the conundrum yeah?
So many underage guys to fuck, so little time?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You were one of the fucks i hated.

Everyone under 18 there was a dipshit and fucknut.

The Living End were awesome, Spiderbait were good, Dallas were good. The rest sucked major kiddie shit.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
AsyLum said:
You were one of the fucks i hated.

Everyone under 18 there was a dipshit and fucknut.

The Living End were awesome, Spiderbait were good, Dallas were good. The rest sucked major kiddie shit.
:uhhuh: I'm under 18, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and discriminate and say anyone between the ages of 12 and 16 were fucking annoying. When Spiderbait said for everyone to shut up, they were the only ones talking/screaming/whistling to get some laughs. You're not funny.
Dallas Crane were alright, but their set went too long. Anyone before them were shit. P-Money and the rapper were shit. The mc's were shit. Spiderbait were the first band to really get along well with the crowd. They really set it up nicely for The Living End, and I really liked how they played a lot of older stuff.
violent said:
First three bands were shit (Krill, Spazzys and Dallas Crane) as no-one knew any lyrics or anything so they just looked at their wristbands and yawned in the mosh.
You call that a mosh? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

G

Gavvvvvin

Unless you try to analy penetrate the girl in front of you through her jeans, its not a fucking mosh.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Haha, so true. Except there weren't many girls at Bodom, and even less of them were goable :(

dany_starlet

HSC
I went to the first tour which was pretty cool.

This time we had seats. In a way this was better. We had the chance to be spectators of the mosh and all it's surroundings. There were so many more people at this tour. There were band shirts everywhere.

The line up of this years Coke live tour was fairly disappointing. Besides the fact the dupa weren't playing, the first tour had a diverse mix of bands. They had betchadupa, 28 days, Magic Dirt, Jebediah, MGF (who have now split ).. i think that was it.

Well this year I got an easy pair of free tickets so it was no point in wasting them.

Krill were the unsigned first band. These guys got hammered by a few empty bottles of water but continued on. They were all girls bar one. The lead singer reminded me of Adalita from Magic Dirt but her style, movement and vocals could not be compared. They were good but not that good just like a lot of other unsigned bands.

The Spazzys were loud. Too loud as you could hardly hear their vocals which I guess isn't a bad thing.. they aren't anything special. All their songs sound the same except for the 'Boyfriend's back' cover. I was fairly disappointed as I thought as much as I didn't think I would like them anyway, I was hoping to be impressed with their live show.

Ken Hill..P money who ever else is from such a strange genre to add to this line up, I won't talk about. Only that they accumulated the most bottles that were thrown onto the stage. I counted about 40 scattered empty bottles. I do believe it was very stupid in adding hip hop/rap to a rock concert.

I loved Dallas Crane, I know a few of their songs and they played the ones I know, it was cool. The lead singer sounds so much like Barnesy, I guess that is obvious. I was hoping Jimmy might have surprised us by appearing in their song 'Sit on my knee', which without Barnesy went off just as hard. These guys had style and I'm completely addicted to 'Numb All Over'.

Spiderbait were amazing. They had the crowd going so hard. As usual Kram was nuts and worked up quite a sweat. He made a lot of successful audience communication getting us to shout out and answer his questions. They played 'Calypso', I was hoping so bad they would. 'Fucken Awesome' was awesome. I loved it all.

The Living End are always fantastic. No need for more words except how awesome their deal was on their new single!! Did anyone buy it?

tanguyen

HSC
Yeh I was the unlucky few that got seats and thoroughly enjoyed it. The unsigned band, "Krill".. I feel sorry for the lead guitarist dude... being the only dude in a "chick rock" band outfit... god..

Spazzys... THEY REALLY ROCKED THE HOUSE DIDN'T THEY. f'ck they're shit.. yeh gotta agree with you 100% dany_starlet.. all their songs sound the same except for their "top 20 hit" Boyfriends back. After each song you can hear all their chick fans scream and from where I was sitting, all the chicks went home cuz yeah.. "no more talent after Spazzy's"... yeh right.

Dallas Crane, I have to admit, put on quite a good show.. finally showcased real men instead of women (not meant to sound sexist) and they got the pit jumping a bit... they impressed me and they seemed to have impressed alot of other people too..and you can't go wrong if one of your guitarers uses a Falcon...(for those in the know)

Spiderbait were really good... Kram's got a neat sense of humour, "does anybody wanna hear a song with the word fck in it?" and then everyone cheered and followed it up with playing "fcken awseome" Black Betty got the crowd jumping like hell.

P-money... need I say more?

I'm gonna go ahead and sound like a teeny-bopper and say that I collected those god damn labels just to see Living End and they didn't fall short to any of my expectations... they rocked the house and the "remaining" crowd sung the words to every song and.. "sw33t" atmosphere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)