• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

co workers (1 Viewer)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
we have a place to bitch about customers, but we need one to bitch about bitchy arse co workers. I want to punch one of my managers in the face. She is a year younger than me but treats me and everyone else like infants. For example, on an extremely busy day, she orders me to carry out a plate of food to a customer. As front counter staff, I am not obligated to do this. It is the kitchen staff who take out meals. When we do this, we are doing the kitchen staff a favour. I come to do this, and she barks 'do it NOW! Theyve been waiting for 20 minutes!'.
well, you stupid bitch, if its taken ages to cook the meal, whose fault is it? I'm not the cook.
and secondly, dont talk to me like that
On the same busy day, she then later decides to abandom working at all, and stands in the middle of the kitchen screeching 'guys, you need to work faster!!quick, quick! look how busy we are".
I think it would be more productive if you actually continued working, instead of stopping work to have a panic attack. And also, this is a cafe, not brain surgery. Get over it.
Or when the register staff made a minor mistake with one of their orders, I go and show them. The manager in question stops what she is doing in the kitchen, comes into the front area to yell at both of us that we should not be talking at work.
or when she goes apeshit at a 15 year old new worker in her first 15 minutes for breaking a latte glass, to the point where she was nearly in tears. The girl ended up quitting, as well.

So. grrrrr stupid bitch/end rant

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah Ive come across a lot of sad retail managers. I just casually slip into a conversation that I'll be a lawyer in 2 years and it tends to shut them up.

InFeRn0

HSC
MiuMiu said:
Yeah Ive come across a lot of sad retail managers. I just casually slip into a conversation that I'll be a lawyer in 2 years and it tends to shut them up.
lol thats always a good defence, if only i could use that..
ye anyways... i hav a rant of my own.. my fat target manager is a bloody bitch, always ordering us around and changing our shifts and what not. what right does this fat uneducated bitch hav of doing any of this, why does she think shes better than us... also the bald guy joe manager cut my shifts this week without even notifying me.. bastard.. bloody bossy managers.. GRRR.. wen i finish my education im gona quit in style

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
we have a place to bitch about customers, but we need one to bitch about bitchy arse co workers. I want to punch one of my managers in the face. She is a year younger than me but treats me and everyone else like infants. For example, on an extremely busy day, she orders me to carry out a plate of food to a customer. As front counter staff, I am not obligated to do this. It is the kitchen staff who take out meals. When we do this, we are doing the kitchen staff a favour. I come to do this, and she barks 'do it NOW! Theyve been waiting for 20 minutes!'.
well, you stupid bitch, if its taken ages to cook the meal, whose fault is it? I'm not the cook.
and secondly, dont talk to me like that
On the same busy day, she then later decides to abandom working at all, and stands in the middle of the kitchen screeching 'guys, you need to work faster!!quick, quick! look how busy we are".
I think it would be more productive if you actually continued working, instead of stopping work to have a panic attack. And also, this is a cafe, not brain surgery. Get over it.
Or when the register staff made a minor mistake with one of their orders, I go and show them. The manager in question stops what she is doing in the kitchen, comes into the front area to yell at both of us that we should not be talking at work.
or when she goes apeshit at a 15 year old new worker in her first 15 minutes for breaking a latte glass, to the point where she was nearly in tears. The girl ended up quitting, as well.

So. grrrrr stupid bitch/end rant
yeah i feel for you..
the hospitality industry is teh sux to work in.

i suggest you find a better job, then turn up your last shift (without notice) and go, "fuck you, i quit :) "

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
as weird as it is, one of my main gripes is that shes younger than me. Shes 19, but shes a young 19 as well, really immature, and it really shits me to no end that this little twerp has been given power and ugh

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Most of my coworkers are amazing people and I get on really well with them, it makes work a LOT of fun.

However:
Front-end manager: You're a bitch, and the sooner you go to the new store, the better. Please do not roster ONLY me and my supervisor on between 7-10 (9-10, yes, but 7-10 no) as she will disappear to cash office for significant periods of time, leaving me as the only operator in the entire store. This means the line will end up quite literally half way down fruit and veg.
Store manager: You're a bitch as well. Please don't come back from holidays.
Other chick: Once again, you're a bitch. You could at least be civil towards me.

miss_m

HSC
The most annoying people at work are the people who get moved up to supervisor as well and are younger than me and automatically start bossing you around, walking around seeing how you're going and stuff. There's a girl at my work who drives me insane by doing this. She just turned 17 so I'm three years older than her practically and she'll come over to me all "how are you doing? Do you need any help here?" She's on a major power trip and sucks up to the managers no end. BUt I suppose it works cos she gets heaps of shifts and i get none. Recently we've also got heaps of new people who just stand around talking all day and when someone tells them off they act all surprised. Hello? What do you think you're getting paid for? That sounds mean but there are a lot of good new people who actually work and some HUGE bludgers.
Some managers and the ladies that have been there for years can be hell too. Probably cos they know that as soon as I finish uni (or get another job) I'll be out of there. I laugh at the ones who are like "you get four months holiday from uni??" it's fun making them jealous.
I just read over that and it sounded like i hate my workmates but some of my best friends I made through work and most of the people are pretty good. We generally bitch together about the rest though so it's all good.

Last edited:

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
my manager can sometimes get seriously annoying. he expects that i make NO MISTAKES AT ALL!like its some sort of bloody sin if i make a mistake at work. everyone makes mistakes, it makes us humans, even my manager makes mistakes but he gets so bloody pissed if i make one. it sometimes gets annoying..

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
we have some really good people at work. like the service and deli managers are both pretty awesome.

...in fact, the people i hated from work are all gone. woo!

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
To further my rant, our store manager, who is HER boss is new to the hospitality industry and he is really lovely, probably the most easy going boss I've ever had. Because he hasnt really done this kind of work before, he's still learning and she gives him such a hard time about every little mistake he makes and is SO patronising, i would never even speak to another person like that, let alone my much older boss.
grrr i decided one day when im rich and successful im going to order a coffee from her and spill it and make her clean it up at my feet.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Argonaut said:
Oh what a vicious web we weave when we seek unto deceive ...

You should all know this guy by now, but for those of you who haven't had the (dis)pleasure of hearing, here it is again: my (former) boss is 73. Yep, 4 times older than me. And he's morbidly obese. I tip the scales at just under 60kg, he's probably about 4 times heavier than me and cannot stand upright with the aid of a trolley.. It's amazing he's still alive; he's a time-bomb waiting to happen. He also has no sense of personal hygiene, he absolutely reeks. Nor does he have any concept of personal space. He swears like a trooper and abuses anyone for the sligtest mistake they make. He believes he's infallible; whenever he's working with me and, say, puts a bad orange on the stack, I'll take the blame and cop an earful for his mistake. His favourite topic for discussion is Karma Sutra, so he can be found as six in the morning talking about all his sexual conquests in graphic detail, even with his own son. And he also thinks I'm gay because I leave the room as soon as said discussion starts. He's also been known to discuss the best way to get an erection with customers he knows in the middle of a busy store and doesn't bother to keep his voice down.

His ex-wife, known behind her back as Nazidragonbitch is in charge of the registers and register staff. She prefers to run the floor staff, constantly abusing me for not doing what she wanted when she wanted when I was simply doing what was actually important. She also very frequently lost her temper with me simply because I was being me. It takes a while for most people to get used to me, especially my dry sense of humour, and I'm not going to change that for anyone anytime soon (well, actually, I can think of one person I might change for, but she's the exception to the rule) simply because they don't like how I think.

Their son is little better. He doesn't criticise you for mistakes, but the first question he asked me was not "What's your name?" but "Have you started f*cking shielas yet?" He also has a few problems with my personality, often yelling at me for supposedly being rude or back-answering when I simply tell it how it is and don't care much for what people think of me, good or bad.

I've also had a boss who cut my hours in half purely because I was male and the job of cashier was "female-oriented, with no place for males", a supervisor from another department who sent me to the store manager because I "wasn't being friendly enough" on her first day. Her basis for this was that she couldn't hear me talking to the customers from ten metres away and never saw me smile, though every other supervisor knew when I was happy or not; I rarely smile. Other notable inclusions are a supervisor who kept me back 4 hours without pay until 2am in the middle of exam week because she didn't feel like doing her job and wanted someone else to do it, and a guy who constantly tried to deliberately run over me with a forklift. When I accused him of being drunk one day - and he very definately was - he sent me home, and when I asked him about stock that he hadn't rotated he told me to go and do something else, then told the head supervisor that I hadn't rotated that stock.

dude, where on earth do you work? get outta there!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Ranger Stacie said:
To further my rant, our store manager, who is HER boss is new to the hospitality industry and he is really lovely, probably the most easy going boss I've ever had. Because he hasnt really done this kind of work before, he's still learning and she gives him such a hard time about every little mistake he makes and is SO patronising, i would never even speak to another person like that, let alone my much older boss.
grrr i decided one day when im rich and successful im going to order a coffee from her and spill it and make her clean it up at my feet.
Just complain that the coffee burnt your mouth, and threaten to report her to the store manager/owner/OHS :D

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
argonaut: holy crap! do the guy a favour and drop a box of apples on his head. :D

in answer to the thread: all the managers i've experienced have been fairly ok, with the exception of the first one who was extremely prone to violent mood swings and got really aggro if you made a mistake or couldnt work @ short notice. by short notice i mean he would call me at 8:40am and want me in by 9 am. never mind the fact i live half an hour from the damn place and would need a few mins on top of that to get ready. other than that the others have been fine.

*Minka*

HSC
politik said:
Welcome to Target. Enjoy your miserable stay.
Thats putting it mildly. I wouldn't care if my Target BURNT TO DUST.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Don't cut my shifts, you fuckers. More importantly, don't whinge to me about how busy it was because there were not enough staff because you cut my shift!

Skeeta

HSC
omigod on another similarly related note - if my shift is not written on the roster, i will assume you have been nice and given me the day off. Dont ring me when i'm out, yelling at me telling me i was meant to be at work 15 mins ago. Dont wait until i haul my ass into the store to tell me its your fault, not mine

*Minka*

HSC
I am sick of managers telling me that I have to stomach sleazy comments from customers just because it is the customer service industry. Yes, it is retail, but I don't see why I have to tolerate being told that I have delicious and juicy breasts or that I need to bring my cute little butt into the bathroom so a customer can 'have some fun.' I am sorry, but that is SEXUAL HARASSMENT. Don't tell me to 'deal with it' ans tell me I have a negative attitude and hate people after I cry from one such comment too many.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Is it just me or does every target worker with a bran hate it? I know I did (I know heaps of people who think it is fine) My manager at target was shocking, only a few months after being there I saw I was rostered on for my birthday and I tried for 3 weeks to change it but no I wasn't allowed to, then when I actually was sick on my birthday (violently sick, probable food poisoning) I got the whole "on;y call in sick if you were sick" speech and tried to explain that I was actually sick, of course they ended up having a bitch about me loudly in front of a customer who happened to work for dad and next thing I know dad walks into the managers office and abuses her... I love getting apologies from them, after that of course they treated me like shit but oh well...

In esscence, they were bastards because:
1. I could never change days on the roster
2. They demanded I did not go on holidays during easter and then denied approving said holidays
3. I always got shifts I didn't want
4. They were so stupid they said; "If you want to take so many holidays (twice in one year when we had our family holidays) I should consider if I want to work here" (of course my answer was "ok, You will have to find people to fill my shifts then")

My co-workers at target were always fun, especially the one who looked like she was still stoned one sunday morning and looked as if she was worn the same crumpled shirt as the day before and then later came and asked me "did I look drunk this morning? cause I still was"

At harveys my co-workers are great fun, and we are like a big family *awwww*, seriously they make work fun because we laugh all the time etc! (can't wait till we go to melbourne for training in a couple of weeks!)

My boss at harveys is a real piece of work, I need to get there an hour before we open and generally stay until half an hour after we close! I am made to work the hardest because I am the junior! Of course these are the joys of workinjg for your dad~!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)