• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Classical Greek Cont. & Ext. Class of 07 (1 Viewer)

anthropoestin

HSC
one person's crazy is another's normal!

too right lady d, you couldn't survive greek and latin if you weren't slightly off the wall, I mean how else do you find such interest in the realism of Euripides' electra!?

trials will fail me...looking forward to real HSC though....and good luck with all your other subjects - get us a good scaling factor!!!

what now that trials are over?
i think our teachers have been swapping trials lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HSC
Nope Ki, I still reckon it's you guys' fault that I became more weird, I'm just way more "big-mouthed" about it. XDDD

Exactly, Alex, I mean you have to think of everything light heartedly because that's where all the fun is. Taking things too seriously ruins it! Plus we must accept that the Greeks were, well, um, very interesting people indeed and we might as well observe what's interesting about them and apply, so to speak, the way of thinkings we acquire from classics into real life, if you know what I mean.

Bleaching your minds would be no fun for me Ki and Zaz, HONESTLY! And please, you enjoy it and AND sometimes pick up WAY more things than me or thing of way better things, *cough*, like on Friday, you guys were way more on top of things than me. No pun intended. >.<;;;;;;;;;;;; *goes and bleaches mind* XDDDDDD

It's the teenage boy in me, like today at the shops I was planning all the gaming things I'm going to get after the HSC. My sister and I want a Wii and I need to get a Nintendo DS in time for Civ being on it and all that. XDDDD

Yep, I reckon we'll be doing a kazillion practice trials, or if you're me, actually learning the translations properly and really getting on top of other things from other subjects. Basically working our butts off during the week and then having more relaxed weekends.

Real HSC will be good, because it won't be as nasty as trials.

w00t, stay relaxed and happy all!! I do feel sorry for everyone who's going to around the Greek study next month...it'll be completely and utterly NUTS.:wave::rofl:

antiphon

HSC
hey all, I'm another of the elusive Grammar boys. don't worry, I'm nowhere near as proficient as Mr Gumby (aka Ken), who TOTALLY kicked our butts. (oh, stop smirking now, freak-boy...)

just stopping by to say hi to the Greek-ers. hope everyone did well in Trials.

HSC
Fine Ki, I'll never open my mouth again.

Welcome Shrek? Glad to hear you're not as freaky as Nicholas...and you guys are much more weird than we are.

Mr Gumby

HSC
The story about why I call him Shrek is a very long one - it's not just because he's ugly, green and has antennae. We went to watch the Laurence Campbell oratory competition last term, and one of the speakers had the line that Ken (as in Barbie doll Ken) wasn't a real man. Ever since, he's been calling men Ken. My rather feeble response, in the general vein of all things cartoon, was to call him Shrek, on account of his ugliness, and to tell him to go back to his swamp. All in good fun.

HSC
Good girl Steppy :p

Baha. Lots and lots of actual real-life laughter to that (and that doesn't happen often in response to the internets, trust me. Pratchetting or uhh-Fridaying is a different matter :3).

So Nicholas isn't a 'real man'?
And antiphon/Jeremy/shrek lives in a swamp?

Nicholas, what non-hypocritical basis did you have for calling us weird?

antiphon

HSC
he has none.

all standard fare - we've wasted soooo much time in Greek this year either talking about totally irrelevant subjects, or paying each other out. 4 people in a class = lots of ammunition. sometimes our teacher even joins in - though rarely.

Greek Trials were disappointing, even if they turned out pretty much the way I expected them to. I forgot that our Greek teacher expects more from our comment than our Latin teachers do, and suffered. I wasted my holidays and didn't really learn the translations for any of my Greek texts, so...I made the observation after the exam that I found the Euripides unseen easier to deal with than one of the seen passages. how's that for ill-prepared? didn't help that English Advanced Paper 2 was the same day, and I spent pretty much all my time preparing for that instead, since I'm only doing 2 units of English anyway...

HSC
Wow, you sound exactly like me, seriously, but 50 bucks I'm way worse than you.

Greek really pisses me off and I can't stand it, so at least while you're kind of prioritised prepared (like hey no matter what lurvely old english is gonna count so that's important), I'm not really prepared on purpose in a combination I just cbb as I don't see the point of me actually attempting shit and because I'm so over the HSC I just fail to care. (basically I feel I have no reason that's good enough to make me want to study) Plus I ish the Queen of procrastination (aka most attempts for me to study in the hols failed miserably). But yeah, seriously, don't be too hard on yourself or whatevs.

Plus Commentary= GAY!

Yeah, don't worry we willingly waste time when we can too. We purposely turn up late at times, we talk about the most irrelevant things, we laugh at inappropriate moments and some times our teachers can't really shut us up as we're so off in our own little world. We do the whole paying out thing too, it can get really amusing. Except I would call our teachers now for the most part hard arses and that's no fun. Well it isn't for me anyway.

HSC
Good.

The newest in our succession of teachers has taken to falling silent when we start up, and, once we realise that we're actually supposed to be learning (>.>), he continues to stare at us with a puzzled look on his face, often stating: "Right, well I'm completely lost."

Mr Brown was amused at our laughing inappropriately :p
I want him to come back from Englaland.

HSC
Yeah XD Like the whole thing with our new teacher being completely lost is funneh, because I guess he's just...strangely normal, or rather gives the normal reaction of some of our peers anytime the 3 of us are in conversation. Except there have been a lot of screaming matches lately, ZARA >> << >> XDDDDDDDD

T_T

I know what you mean, in fact my tutorgroup teacher said to me today "I know you miss Mr Brown" and I was happy that she understands! XDD

Ki I say we...KIDNAP HIM and bring him home! XDDDD

HSC
Poor thing XDDD

Naw :3

YES! Is brilliant. Hopefully he'll come to the Garden Party as promised. So we can all run up and attack him :3
(Which, Alex, Nicholas and Jeremy, you are all invited to. We plan to have a Peloponnesian War standoff :p)
(Don't look at me like that.)
(Nicholas, you'll be immune to us soon. We promise.)

HSC
XD

Yeah, Peloponnesian War with $2 shop water guns and we could possibly wear togas, but then again that could be incredibly disturbing...but we have the hottest togas (not flowry bed sheet ones) that we wore to Classics dinner and won prizes for in yr 11...

(And yes, you will all, especially you Nicholas, be immune soon enough! AND AND not our fault that we're NUTS?)

:wave:

HSC
If the Sydney Uni classics department has given up on advertising toga parties, I say we give up wearing togas.
M'afraid that's a few too many strange looks o_O

:3

anthropoestin

HSC
i cant really procrastinate in class though...not when you're the only student with your teacher!

except my teacher is really funny, so he makes the most random comments which get us off track...

i have all your trial exams btw, my teacher got them off yours...havent looked yet though...

peloponnesian war stand-off? sounds gruesome. go the togas though, have to say i quite like a toga now and then...

HSC
XD

Strange looks don't matter, plus we don't really need to wear togas to get strange looks anyway!

I don't think they've given up on toga parties, plus from what I can gather, toga parties are not limitted to the classics departments either, like it seems to possibly be part of wider uni culture. Maybe I just watch too much tv.

Yay practice greek papers. >.<

anthropoestin

HSC
question is: who's wearing a toga to the study day? hmm?

i've had one fiited, but it's a little short on the arms :wave:
hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)