• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Christian music (1 Viewer)

Daipire

HSC
Woohoo, i just got like 4 people agreeing with me!

I was expecting to get verbally attacked, awesome!

Arctopus

HSC
=
So then why does it make it any more appeasing to christians to hear the same words repeated? Sure, they take delight in hearing that they have recruited more members into the god squad, but it would be so much easier if new christian musicians just told people they were christian and left the music to those more talented.
Who am I to interpret the emotions of every Christian person who listens to Christian music? So maybe they do take delight in the hope that here is an afterlife, a saviour. Maybe the do like the fact that more and more people are becoming Christian, so what's so wrong with that? And as for Christian musicians, they have just as much right to write, produce and distribute music as any other person, secularised or not.
Your entire argument besides your kiddy little crap about Hillsong, who are of course obscenely rich and with which I too don't agree with, is built on the fact that you don't like it which apparently gives you the right to mock anybody who listens to it or makes it. Trust me, I find the music boring as hell too, I find the lyrics cliched and repetitional but that's because I am me and not someone else. It's like the same reason that people like you and I like alternative music to that of the top 40 charts but then we also have friends that love chart music. It's a matter of personal taste and of tolerance and acceptance rather than defamation.

Hillsong and whatever else are into the sins that is greed just like every other band. Until the Hillsong abominations (or songs as you call them :)) go out for free, there is not real way they can be christian.
See, you only draw comparisons to Hillsong, the most wealthy, well-known and most controversial church within Australia, and not to any other religious institution let alone music group, which the entire thread is meant to be about. Truly, I don't doubt that Hillsongs intention in releasing albums is to generate a source of income but I also believe that that is not their only intention. Like any artist they wish to express something to the listener in an attempt to impact them. The same way lyrics from a song you love impact you is the same way the lyrics from a song by a Christian group may impact another. As for you commenting them on being real Christians, I don't really think that's for you to speculate on as you are not one yourself.

It's kinda like me saying "I support Kevin Rudd, but I don't agree with his sorry speech."
Yeah, trying to relate dated and irrelevant, to the topic, political events to a Christian music thread just further proves to me that you really are just another year 11 kid who think it's his time to log onto BoS to flex his brain.

BUT, you're probably going to tenfold everything i've written here by using the vast number of pre-made arguments that are stored inside your precious bible, can't say i didnt try eh?
No, that's incorrect as I do not prepare pre-made arguments that I store inside my Bible. It may alarm you to know that all I have written in response to you has been impromptu and has been completely unprepared. Thanks for thinking so much of my arguments, though. However, from my point of view, I am also alarmed in that you say that in the writing process of your arguments you were actually trying. Like seriously, in 12 years of schooling... this is the best you can do?

HILLSONG R BAD BECUZ THEY FINK DEY R CHRISTHAN BUT THER NOT BECUZ THEY MAKE MONEY!!!!!! DID U KNO U HAV TO BUY THER MUSIC?!?!?! WAT DO U MEAN ALL CHRUCHES NEED MONEY TO SURVIVE?!?!?! DATS GAY
I found this particular part of your argument most enjoyable.

To ANY CHRISTIAN who dares to argue with me - how can you account for the fact that an economically disadvantaged family does not get to experience your fantastic message (sarcasm intended) whereas the rich doctor may take his children to hear some [crappy] music? And you can't say Hillsong needs the money to appeal to a wider range of people - as "christians", you should beleive that no-one is excluded.
Dares to argue you with you? You make it sound like your argument is of some sort of value or worth. You're whinging and complaining about how disadvantaged families can't attend Hillsong events but the rich can blah blah blah. WELL IT'S OBVIOUS THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM THERE, ISN'T THERE?! IT'S QUITE OBVIOUS THAT SOMETHING IS AWRY AND THAT WHAT THEY'RE DOING ISN'T IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE PEOPLE. It's just a pity you're stupid enough to be in the paradigm that church equals Hillsong and that Christian music equals Hillsong. You're just generalising and then making conclusions, albeit stupid and childish ones.

Hence why Christians are so annoying... god comes before everything. can't get along with them because there's always something more important than you.
Could you be anymore of a whinger?

---------

I am done with this thread as I find it boring.

jmakowiak

HSC
Daipire said:
Woohoo, i just got like 4 people agreeing with me!

I was expecting to get verbally attacked, awesome!
I count four sensible people

Arctopus said:
Trust me, I find the music boring as hell too, I find the lyrics cliched and repetitional but that's because I am me and not someone else. It's like the same reason that people like you and I like alternative music to that of the top 40 charts but then we also have friends that love chart music. It's a matter of personal taste and of tolerance and acceptance rather than defamation.
Thus you cannot account for the many people that might like christian music, presenting no rebuttal to my personal belief that more people hate it than like it. And not just hillsong - all christian music. The supposition is, then, that more people Do hate it, which, based on your lack of evidence and the posts in this thread (which is an opinion thread on a community forum) we can safely conclude that christian music sucks ass, clarifying the question asked by the thread poster.

Arctopus said:
Dares to argue you with you? You make it sound like your argument is of some sort of value or worth. You're whinging and complaining about how disadvantaged families can't attend Hillsong events but the rich can blah blah blah. WELL IT'S OBVIOUS THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM THERE, ISN'T THERE?! IT'S QUITE OBVIOUS THAT SOMETHING IS AWRY AND THAT WHAT THEY'RE DOING ISN'T IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE PEOPLE. It's just a pity you're stupid enough to be in the paradigm that church equals Hillsong and that Christian music equals Hillsong. You're just generalising and then making conclusions, albeit stupid and childish ones.
I don't believe in such a paradigm; i'm merely using the example which applies to the largest number of people I can think of. An example, moron. If you can find me a larger christian band with decent morals and ideals that aren't based on greed, please, do stand up.

Also, type in christian music on iTunes. Any music that pops up is in direct contradiction with god's "requests" on spreading the word. Ever bought a christian rock CD? there are plenty of them - salvation for just $5.99. Explain that.

Arctopus said:
Could you be anymore of a whinger?
Could you be anymore of an idiot?

Last edited:

Arctopus

HSC
I count four sensible people

Thus you cannot account for the many people that might like christian music, presenting no rebuttal to my personal belief that more people hate it than like it. And not just hillsong - all christian music. The supposition is, then, that more people Do hate it, which, based on your lack of evidence and the posts in this thread (which is an opinion thread on a community forum) we can safely conclude that christian music sucks ass, clarifying the question asked by the thread poster.
So your reasoning is; the more people that like it, the better the music is and the reason why Christian music sucks arse is because more people hate it than like it. You must get a hard-on whenver you turn on Channel V or Video Hits then, hey?

I don't believe in such a paradigm; i'm merely using the example which applies to the largest number of people I can think of. An example, moron. If you can find me a larger christian band with decent morals and ideals that aren't based on greed, please, do stand up.
Why can't you see that you're using your example to generalise the entire spectrum of Christian music? You see Christian music as this hugely industrialised and marketed sort of thing when it really isn't, Hillsong excluded. I'm sick of talking about Hillsong, because there is so much more Christian music out there.
For example the Black Metal bands called Horde and Antestor; black metal as a genre is still relatively unheard of outside of metal circles and even within metal circles it's an acquired taste. The bands don't base their ideals on greed nor do they set their focus on money because there is no money in the style they play, yet they still play. Yes, they play at a fee but that is their source of income and what does the money get reinvested into? Playing the next show. Their lyrics aren't all generic and repetitious, in fact they deal with real human issues and emotions and put them in a Christian context in a bid to impact others lives and to express their feelings through both speech and music. Both the bands do not play a popular style of music but that does not dismiss the impact that they have on individual's lives. Surely you can understand this.

Also, type in christian music on iTunes. Any music that pops up is in direct contradiction with god's "requests" on spreading the word. Ever bought a christian rock CD? there are plenty of them - salvation for just $5.99. Explain that.
Imagine this. You are a Christian and you want some new Christian music to listen to. You are well aware that artists who release their work, religious or not, hope to gain some sort of profit so as to continue their work, in other words, to keep spreading the word. As a Christian would you not be more than happy to spend your $5.99 on a budding artist to help propel their career along so that more and more people can hear the word? This is in reference to Christian artists not backed by a church or what-have-you, so groups like Hillsong and Planetshakers don't count. I agree that bands like them have more than enough funds to release their material free of charge and I think they should do it. As for CDs giving promises of salvation I think that's just ridiculous as $5.99 is way cheaper than what I thought the cost of salvation was.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
there is so much awesome christian music out there:

Playjerise
relient K
casting crowns
lecrae
just to name a few that i like.

jmakowiak

HSC
mcflystargirl said:
there is so much awesome christian music out there:

Playjerise
relient K
casting crowns
lecrae
just to name a few that i like.
</SPAN>

This thread was doomed from the beginning - it's turned into a subjective opinion thread based on whether you like certain music or not. Boooooring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)