• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

changing schools - cover letter (1 Viewer)

rawker

HSC
Im class of ''06 and im changing to merewether high from jesmond high. The cut off's have closed but i need to write a letter for special consideration. I was wondering what sorts of things i should put in.

I'm going to put in awards, ranking in the year, etc but what else should i say to make myself look good?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
um... i suggest putting in some past reports, year 11 ones especially that show yourself out, and maybe get the principal of jesmond high to write a short paragraph describing you (usually used in resumes but this is also appropriate).

P

pLuvia

Get your year advisor's comments as well

Show your year 10 SC, get comments from all your teachers etc

rawker

HSC
yeah he asked for SC and halfyearly yr11.. i spose i could get the principal - any other ideas?

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
ouch, you're cutting it a bit close. Applications closed in August! Good luck though!

rawker

HSC
i mentioned that... but he said i can have 'special consideration' due to my circumstances at jesmond

Riviet

HSC
N/A
What circumstances are they? If they're personal it's ok not telling us but if would help us to provide you with more ideas to put in that letter. :)

Last edited:

rawker

HSC
lol no not personal - just the fact that jesmond rushes alot of topics (eg.. i finished the prelim 3U course today!!! and alot of other things are skipped... like in IPT (i did yr12 this year) we didnt even do the last two topics in class!! we were told a week before Trial that we had to learn about multimedia systems... then straight away learn decision support systems .. .from the text book!!! ahh so shit)
merewether is an academic school for those who dont know so i am going to put in that i finished ipt a year early so i can handle accelerated courses etc..

rawker

HSC
Is anyone free who would be able to read over what i've written - it would be a huge huge help

rawker

HSC
Riviet said:
I would if i had some spare time... sorry man.

Ahh, thats alright. I wrote something and got someone from Merewether to go over it... It's sent in now - I can only cross fingers now.

HSC
Good luck getting into Merewether, hope you do, cos Ive only heard really bad things about Jesmond. If you dont get into it and still want to change, give Kotara High a consider, its a really good school. Great atmosphere, everyones friends, and we arent so pressured like those Merewether peeps or fucked up like the Newcastle kids...lol

denj

HSC
yeh i've come back to high school to do my hsc after a year and a half out doing things - army , living in dubbo etc
so yeh its a good school , i'm really enjoying being back there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)