• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Catholic Church opposes moves to reduce poverty. (1 Viewer)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Rid the "Lord's Prayer" from Parliament?
Yes, and the swearing in on the Bible and any mention of God in speeches. The latter of course is not to be confused with a mention of spirituality or a higher power/purpose.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Yes, and the swearing in on the Bible and any mention of God in speeches. The latter of course is not to be confused with a mention of spirituality or a higher power/purpose.
The first I understand, the latter is absurd. That's becoming too PC. I don't swear on the Christian Bible. Give me the Chumash!

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
The first I understand, the latter is absurd. That's becoming too PC. I don't swear on the Christian Bible. Give me the Chumash!
organised religion is an entirely different thing to spirituality or belief in a higher being.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Tradition!
Fuck tradition! Human beings are traditionally primative bastards who rolled in their own filth and strolled around in loincloths! You want to keep those traditions too?!

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
What these countries need is a high dosage of seperation of Church and State. That'll get them nice and healthy.

breezy221090

HSC
Just because the majority of people in the Phillipines are Catholic doesn't mean they oppose contraception. The solution to the problem in the Phillipines is not for the Catholic Church to decide (obviously). How often does the Catholic church attempt to intervene in State affairs and achieve nothing?
If the government believes the bill is necessary then they will pass it regardless of the Catholic churches opinion.
So what this thread is about is bashing the ideologies of the Catholic Church.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Just because the majority of people in the Phillipines are Catholic doesn't mean they oppose contraception. The solution to the problem in the Phillipines is not for the Catholic Church to decide (obviously). How often does the Catholic church attempt to intervene in State affairs and achieve nothing?
If the government believes the bill is necessary then they will pass it regardless of the Catholic churches opinion.
So what this thread is about is bashing the ideologies of the Catholic Church.
The Philippino politicians aren't just going to ignore the Catholic Church's words and advice. Most of them are afrraid that they'd be voted out by a powerful Catholic voter base if they oppose the bill. Many of the politicians themselves will be Catholic. Whether you like it or not, The Church is going to have a say, and that say will probably tip the balance.

breezy221090

HSC
The Philippino politicians aren't just going to ignore the Catholic Church's words and advice. Most of them are afrraid that they'd be voted out by a powerful Catholic voter base if they oppose the bill. Many of the politicians themselves will be Catholic. Whether you like it or not, The Church is going to have a say, and that say will probably tip the balance.
Just because there may be many Catholic politicians does not mean they will all vote against the Bill. The occasion often arises where the opinions of a religious individual are misconstrued as the opinions of an entire religion.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Dumb thread. The Catholic Church has done more to fight poverty than any other fat-ass organisation ever. It's moronic to blame the church for poverty brought about from imprudent sexual congress. If they really listened to the Church and her teachings, they wouldnt have an uncontrollable desire and need for random relations

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Dumb thread. The Catholic Church has done more to fight poverty than any other fat-ass organisation ever. It's moronic to blame the church for poverty brought about from imprudent sexual congress. If they really listened to the Church and her teachings, they wouldnt have an uncontrollable desire and need for random relations
You mean if they really listened to the Church and it's teachings, then they wouldn't be human?
Oh! I get it now! It's all so simple!
Many apologies. I just got a bit muddled up.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
See that's the difference - you think that it's an urge which no force can control, so you run a defeatist mitigation excercise

But we can do better and we must do better and we will do betterthankyouandGodblessandgodblessthe unitedstatesofamerica

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)