• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

casual at coles... (1 Viewer)

leathaface

Is anyone working at Coles supermarket as a casual employee... because I got a weekend position but I also want to work on Fridays as well (as listed in my other thread)...

Is the casual position stable? I mean, do you usually get the shifts that you placed down every week? e.g. I would put down 9am to 7pm friday and saturdays... and then 9am to 3pm on sundays... so would I USUALLY get those shifts every week?

^___^
HSC
if you work hard, they will call you to work, instead of you asking for them to work...

if you want to add friday, just ask ur manager and he will organise it

Lundy

Banned
HSC
It would depend on your store specficially. Some are better run than others. Mine, I must say is hopeless. I put down all the times I'd be available each week, and they didn't pay any attention to it whatsoever, and just gave me any shift they felt like. Recently I was given permanent fixed shifts each week (I'm still down as a casual though). Perhaps they'll let you organise it that way. If it gets to be a problem you may want to consider going part time so you know your shifts are stable and you won't get called up constantly to work.

Last edited:

Blu

Just.
HSC
I've been casual at a Coles for almost two years. They were pretty good when it came to times, all you have to do is ask you CSM to organise if they can or need it.

leathaface

Lundy said:
It would depend on your store specficially. Some are better run than others. Mine, I must say is hopeless. I put down all the times I'd be available each week, and they didn't pay any attention to it whatsoever, and just gave me any shift they felt like. Recently I was given permanent fixed shifts each week (I'm still down as a casual though). Perhaps they'll let you organise it that way. If it gets to be a problem you may want to consider going part time so you know your shifts are stable and you won't get called up constantly to work.

Which store?

leathaface

Well, i got the job at coles and I asked about the stability and the manager said that right now, I will get all the shifts I listed down.

I got some induction thingy at burwood on thursday for Coles...
- Will They Get you to Fill our your avaliablity?

- I got a shift put down on Friday... would they ask me to work the next day after the induction? Because I want to go to Macquarie Open Day and have this weekend off... what should I say to the people?

leathaface

^ No i went to the interview today and the manager asked what are my avaliability, and i said 9am to 7pm on Fridays and i want to change it to 6pm... but its kinda bad to tell them to change it.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
leathaface said:
Well, i got the job at coles and I asked about the stability and the manager said that right now, I will get all the shifts I listed down.

I got some induction thingy at burwood on thursday for Coles...
- Will They Get you to Fill our your avaliablity?

- I got a shift put down on Friday... would they ask me to work the next day after the induction? Because I want to go to Macquarie Open Day and have this weekend off... what should I say to the people?
No I don't recall having to fill out availability at the induction (I went to burwood too). I worked at least two shifts before my induction (without any training), so they can get you to work at any time.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i have 2 mates who work at coles and they like it.
i reckon it would suck. i work at a local business and its good because i get free stuff ALL THE TIME. when ever i want

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)