• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Car pics (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I think the swatika makes a prettygood deterrent to leechers....

Brocks Volvo:

SlipStream

HSC
Scattered remnants of a glorious past. My dad's TE50 which we had to sell before moving out in the sticks. Something in the equation "100mm ride height + shit dirt road" didn't seem to work. This car was so awesome it's hard for anyone who's never been for a ride in one to understand.

From September 2002, all pics taken by your's truly. Back when Blueprint looked fresh and awesome.

(The links are too big to put up, so click here for the gallery - cheers!)

Also back in the days where V8 Falcons were genuinely fast and didn't weigh the same as some 4WDs...

SlipStream

HSC
lol thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments... he said to me, it was either that or a VU SS ute. You know exactly what I was backing... :p

This is his ride at the moment. I talked him into it over a Ford Territory, not to mention the salesman at the Ford dealership was a cock. Our local Ford dealership is a joke (Grawill Ford, if you live on the Central Coast), both the sales team and the actual facility. :(

I only drove the TE50 about half a dozen times, but that was enough to appreciate how berko it is. I've driven the WRX about the same amount of times (but more to come :cool:), but at speeds that would have other P-Platers spasming and aiming for powerpoles. Dad trusts me (I'm not on the insurance policy because I don't want to have a full time job to pay for it; $4k/year with a $1600 excess for under-25s, on top of basic), which is good. Wiseman's Ferry Road is our favourite run, but haven't been for a while on account of study. We love our toys. :p

[/brag] lol :p

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
I'm probably in the minority but i cannot stand the WRX (or impreza in general) interior. The radio looks like it's been lifted from the very early 90s (and mind you that's pretty much the only piece of interior kit), and the plastic moulding especially around the glovebox is totally 80s.

The gauges are completely uninspired, the bucket seats really dont 'bucket' (in the new one they don't, anyway). You try to ignore it with the rocket-like performance but it just comes back into your head continually. Pretty much turned me off it, because it's like driving a 2006 car in 1995.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Couldn't convince him on an STi then?

Whats your top speed in it? Personally my top speed thus far is 240km/h v-max in a stock lancer no traction, steering, etc definantly not a speed the car was designed for. Max speeds mentioned and all I don't think they define hyow hard someone drives, IMHO if for instance you manage to boil brake fluid that would indicate a very demanding, very hard driver....

Back on the Subie though what are peoples opinions as far as the new one versus the superseeded? For my money my fav front end is like slip's dad's (MYO3/MY04 ???), not a huge fan of the aeroplane 'thing'.

HSC
hawwt corolla hatch...

ENGINE

Type
Supercharged, four-cylinder in-line with Variable Valve Timing and Lift – intelligent (VVTL-i)

Displacement (cc)

PERFORMANCE

Max. power (bhp/rpm)
215 @ 8,200

Max. torque (Nm/rpm)
215 @ 4,000

Max. speed (mph)

Acceleration 0-62mph (sec)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
but everyone loves torque steer <3

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
You can compensate for the understeer though. Rear sway bar, C-pillar bar, coilovers, stiffer springs, stiffer shocks, etc etc

SlipStream

HSC
DaddyK said:
It certainly is a nice rolla, but thats the problem with powerful front wheel drives, they understeer bad and it makes them quite unpredictable.
braad said:
but everyone loves torque steer <3
Some FWDs handle better than some RWDs nowadays. I bet you this rolla would out-handle an FPV GT. DaddyK, FWDs may carry the stigma of understeer, but as with torque steer, these performance traits have been all but eliminated. Granted, the rolla would understeer more than the average wabbit, but with that rubber it'd probably be more of a lift-off oversteerer. Certainly though, you won't notice torque steer in a modern hi-po FWD, especially a Toyota. Perhaps a G100 Charade GTti, but that's nearly 15 years old.

addymac: manufacturers work to a budget :p, and they've also got to cater for customers like us who want a performer but at the same time, rich wives who don't want to feel the speed bumps in their husband's lengthy paved driveway... :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)