• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Can you be Christian, and support the existance of the state? (2 Viewers)

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Noting that "earthly death" or even genocide means little to a fundamentalist who dies with a cause.

They truly believe they are going somewhere greater; what is a little biological death gonna' do!

Makes me wonder why they are "pro-life" lol, an aborted baby gets to Heaven faster!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Glad to know Iron supports state sanctioned genocide to teach us heretics a lesson in redemptive Catholocism.
How did I support it? I would gladly give my life in its condemnation.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It goes without saying that the Christian strives to ensure that government at least respects the dignity of life. When this is not possible, as it was in Nazi Germany, it is thru our persecution that Christ shines thru, thus weakening the conviction behind the regime

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
It goes without saying that the Christian strives to ensure that government at least respects the dignity of life. When this is not possible, as it was in Nazi Germany, it is thru our persecution that Christ shines thru, thus weakening the conviction behind the regime
Well by any means Hitler was a Christian and it was through persecution of the Jews and other ethnic minorities that their stories of hardship and perseverance shined through, highlighting the dangers of any absolutist, mass-murdering ideology (past Christianity not exempt!)

Nazism, whilst warped, demonstrates IMO the very essence of sociological induction and brainwashing for a "common goal" or "good" as "The Father" (Hitler) saw it- many scholars have directly paralleled it with the nature of religion.

K

khorne

Oh, sorry...I thought the regime collapsed because Germany was invaded by the Russians and Americans (+ British), not because christ shone through.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Hitler was no such thing.

Sneer all you like Cookie

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Oh, sorry...I thought the regime collapsed because Germany was invaded by the Russians and Americans (+ British), not because christ shone through.
Yes I admitted that WW2 was a vastly wasted opportunity to proclaim Christ's message. It was very involved. Totalitarianism was not confronted before and we were geopolitically beseiged from the beginning of it. There was a 'conspiracy of silence' from the west. But there were still countless acts of Christian heroism against this evil which cant be discounted at all

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Well he was highly superstitious, raised a Catholic, without doubt believed in a spirit world, absolutely no way he was an atheist...the closest religion would be Christianity ;)

In fact, I'm not aware of any official condemnation during the era of Hitler's plans by the Catholic Church? (Could be wrong here I admit)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
There were several condemnations and the history of Catholic-Nazi relations is fascinating and tragic.

But I dont find your contention that 'Hitler was a Christian' as amusing as you do. You go too far.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Now obviously I wouldn't be as foolish to say he was a CORRECTLY practicing Christian, my point is merely that Nazism, whilst not explicitly a religious movement, has strong parallels to the scale of religious movements in terms of its indoctrinations, killing of "apostates", unquestioning "truths", exclusion of others, "good people doing bad things"...

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
There were several condemnations and the history of Catholic-Nazi relations is fascinating and tragic.

But I dont find your contention that Hitler was a Christian as amusing as you do. You go too far.
It aint amusing nor am I attempting it to be a joke.

But your SUBJECTIVE hatred of the man can not erode the simple definition of Christian- from what I have read he was raised a Catholic, never left it, most likely believed in Christ (possibly in a warped way believed he was doing the right thing) and believed in god.

What else was he? A satanist?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Sorry, I must have misinterpreted your smiling wink emoticon, dickhead

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Is Mark Chapman a Christian?

I mean he murdered John Lennon in cold-blood right...IMO it was motivated through his fundamentalist views and hatred of atheists and Lennon's song "Imagine" etc

Is he a Christian though? He still prays everyday in prison from the letters I have been reading...hopes to be a minister if he gets out.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
You either follow the ways of Christ or you dont. The systematic execution of 6 million Jews is hardly inferred from the teachings of our Lord. FUCK OFFFFFF

K

khorne

-God kills people in 1 Chronicles 21, Deuteronomy 3, Joshua 6, Judges 21, 2 Kings 10:18-27

Read up.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
You either follow the ways of Christ or you dont. The systematic execution of 6 million Jews is hardly inferred from the teachings of our Lord. FUCK OFFFFFF
Religion =/= "Christianity" nor its message

I am saying it followed the basic precepts of any social "religious" phenomenon.

I'd parallel it closer to fundamentalist Islam with far more resources.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I dont care to engage in that debate, nor does this thread. Certainly there were strong tones of paganism in Nazi ideology, but it essentially placed man above the idea of any god - much like you do cookie ;););););););););););););););)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)