• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

can i still do ca/cpa if i got pc (1 Viewer)

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
im in same problem...ring academic advise im gonna today

Wyvern

HSC
In same situation. Am overseas so can't call Mac yet. Please post what you find out, thanks.

havy

HSC
I remembered that the limit for ca/cpa is:

2 pass conceded or
1 pass conceded if it is a core accounting unit and it doesn't have another unit on top of it. eg. accg310 is on top of accg101, but accg340 has no units on top of it.

hope its not too confusing, I recommend you guys to check with uni or ca/cpa.

havy

HSC
I think so, I mean imagine someone failing or pc every elective unit in the degree....he or she will then need to repeat those units until they are passed.

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
yea it seems fair enough if somes keeps failing/pc to the extreme but if its along the lines of maybe failing/pc 1 or 2 of ur accounting units. I dont think they'd be that uptight to not let u do cpa/ca : /

dracover

HSC
well as far as i know their pretty easy on the units and u can talk with them. cause i havent done busl250 but i have done 301 and am going to do busl320 yet thats fine. i fink like most things u'll just need to check up with ca/cpa dude (probably check with ca since most australian companies go for studies in there anyways)

havy

HSC
I think they allow one or 2 PCs. but anything more than 2 will need to be repeated.
eg. someone had 4PCs, then he'll need to repeat 2 subjects b4 doing cpa/ca.

Last edited:

havy

HSC
but core units are different, number of PCs allowed for accounting core is one. so if you get 2 PCs on core units, then you may need to repeat one of them.

Last edited:

havy

HSC
I reckon they focus more on 300 lvl units. since poor performance in foundation units can be compensated by improvements in advance lvl subjects.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
havy is most likely on the money here. I am sort of in this situation however I repeated one, so *if* I do choose to do CPA/CA then I should be ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)