• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Can anyone get into Unimail? (1 Viewer)

sunny

meh.
HSC
It may take a while before the new accounts are propogated to the mail servers at UNSW. I remember having a day or two delay when I enrolled before I could access my unimail.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i don't think you can use your email account until you enrol fully

actually i like my uni email thing that i had from uts cos it was a normal email name, which i can put on my CV..my hotmail one is irapegoats and i don't think i'd be getting many offers of work if i had that on my CV..

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
especially if you wanted a job with goats :p

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yep if you're CSE you'll get another login (your CSE login) which is your initials followed by some random number (I'm shnl327!). And thats @cse.unsw.edu.au

Depending on the number of COMP subjects you do, you'll get webspace automatically when your CSE account is created (about 12MB in first year, which is the max size of your account) and a printing quota.

minai - we can only change it around from the student number to some combination of our name, which really sucks :(

Theres a rumour I've heard for CSE that you can change your login name once though - not sure if thats true.

maniacguy

I know it is possible to change your name with CSE (I have a number of friends who've done it, although most of them are in the later years).

Minai - ask Disconnect. They will let you pick a different alias if it's reasonably easy to infer that it's you from the alias. I mean, obviously if you used a common first name then you wouldn't be able to. I think minai wouldn't be common enough to be protected, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)