• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Cadetship (1 Viewer)

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
I just heard from friend about cadetship so we went to the career office and asked for some application forms.

Cadetship is you working for a company such as pricewaterhousecooper while u study through uni and at the end of it you can become a CA (chartered accountant).

I want to ask if anyone knows any more info about it and whether or not if its worth going if u actually make it ?

cko

HSC
can u only get a cadetship only if you're doing like a businessy/economic orientated uni course like acocountanting and the what??

Rahul

Dead Member
think about what you will have to do before making any decisions...

work 9-5, a big majority of firms are in the city, so good if you go to uni around there...
then uni 6-9, probably 2/3 days a week. it would depend on how many subjects you have probably 2/3 subs.

so yeh, it would be very hectic.

but it is a very good opportunity. because you get invaluable experience. and the stuff you do at your work will supplement your studies. plus you'll be getting a $alary, i have heard of salaries around the 23K mark. they would differ firm to firm.
some offer flexiblitly in terms of uni study, eg: a semester of full-time study[unpaid of course! :p], half day a week off, exams days off, etc.]

so yeh, find out information about it.

personally, i would think it is a very good idea. i wanted to do it, but different things just came in my way! it depends on individual situations.

token girl

HSC
i have a friend whose brother does that. she says its absolutely fabulous, because of the experience and connections you get in the area you're going to be working in. most cadets are pretty much guaranteed a job because the companies know they are the most experienced. sometimes you even get hired by the company you were placed with which can be a big advantage.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
can some1 point me to a website on this cadetship thing?

it sounds good

Originally posted by Teleph
I just heard from friend about cadetship so we went to the career office and asked for some application forms.

Cadetship is you working for a company such as pricewaterhousecooper while u study through uni and at the end of it you can become a CA (chartered accountant).

I want to ask if anyone knows any more info about it and whether or not if its worth going if u actually make it ?
hey have you actually applied? I want to do it too but I heard its pretty hard n competitive so.. :rolleyes:
pricewaterhousecooper, is that all your applying for?

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Cadetships is one reason why you shouldn't bomb year 11!

If you have *relatively* good marks in year 11 and 1st half of year 12 and do some extracirricular, then you should get to the interview

From there on you're on your own...

And here's a tip, in the interview, they (PwC at least) carefully observe EVERYTHING you do, EVEN DURING BREAKS.

During morning tea break I was talking with one of those guys about which courses to do at uni and stuff and somehow mentioned actuarial studies

Then during the one on one interview the guy asks me "What's his name told me you're thinking on doing actuarial studies, tell me about it...":eek:

haha.. your soo funny

i'm still thinking bout applying, heard it gets pretty tiring... so if theres any of you guys doing it... tell me bout it ;)

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
ye i'm applying for cadetship...If anyone want to go u need to firstly go to www.icaa.org.au and apply for the information night which is on 26th of May i think (u have to check on that one)

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
umm don't think there is a cut off...as long as u can make it into commerce with major in accounting in any of the big unis u prob have the chance to apply.

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
ye i'm going to it...it starts at 4:00 (I think) so i have plenty of time to get there from Hurstville

haha.. well if your going, i won't.. jokes..

mm yeh is it really essential? don't know if i have time...

btw, r u talkin bout the one at star ct?

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
Yeee 1 less person going=1 less competiton hihihh

I don't know if its start city...to be honest I have no clue where it is..i'm going to rely on my friend who I think is going too :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)