• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

busl250 question (1 Viewer)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
busl250 is now officially the least organised subject! :mad: :chainsaw:

referring to lecture/tute 4.

it says the lecture looks at ch 6 and 7. but there are no lecture slides for ch 7 on webct. tute questions go thru ch 7, but no lecture slides!

whats pissed me off more is that i remember hearing that the tute info in the booklet was incorrect, so we were told to dl the tute info from the net. so i do that and get a list of pages of questions. and i am doing all questions on that page for the first 3 tutes. the tutes are like 6 pages long! i recheck the tute questions list and now its giving specific questions to do. these tute questions we need to do would take like 1 page.

can someone clarify this for me. i havent been to a lecture and might have just missed her saying this. but honestly, this subject is hideous in its administration.

i should sue them for negligence, they had duty of care regarding this and there was a definite vulnerable relationship. :eek:

*sigh*

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Haha you're so right dude. I think it's really quite pathetic. Did you know they've gotten a $30,000 grant from the uni to redo the topic, becasue last year was such a success? Argh. Unfortunately I got a similar impression from the entire business law faculty, esp when in my first lecture, the dean came in with an untucked shirt, swore over the microphone, laughed at the lecture and ran out. Not a good impression.

My tutor said use the new, fantabulous online list. I haven't looked at it, but last tute we did like 3 questions, so if that sounds like the list (I should really take a look, I guess, esp seeing I should be doing the questions...), then you're probably on the right track. I can't see that 3 questions would take much more or much less than a page, so it's probably right.

BoS people just needa hang together. :eek:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i am not sure what i should do. by doing the stack of questions i was learning quite well. might keep doing them...hopefully that'll pay off. time is the only problem. but i gotta pick up after a dissapointing mid sem.

i'm nervous...i was in one of the library study rooms yesterday, and there was a torts book and a contract law book. people have started going hard!

btw, page 4 of our study guides. has there been any further comment on the internet question? i find it hard to put faith in what that study guide says.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
correction: "questions"

page 4 of the purple study guide. i found the questions. had a look at one for ch 4, i think it was similar to one of the tute questions.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
btw, how do you guys approach it when they give views on things with common law and civil reforms?

what are we supposed to take out of this?

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
redruM said:
i'm nervous...i was in one of the library study rooms yesterday, and there was a torts book and a contract law book. people have started going hard!
What are you talking about? You SAW people with a torts book and a contract law book? You saw them lying there? Wht about them? How do you know it was for busl250? I dn't think we need any more resources than G&F, and maybe gillies if you're enthusiastic.

Edit: sorry for sounding aggravated.. I'm tired, and the resulting aggravation has been displaced upon you.. excuse me for that :)

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Skittled said:
What are you talking about? You SAW people with a torts book and a contract law book? You saw them lying there? Wht about them? How do you know it was for busl250? I dn't think we need any more resources than G&F, and maybe gillies if you're enthusiastic.

Edit: sorry for sounding aggravated.. I'm tired, and the resulting aggravation has been displaced upon you.. excuse me for that :)
it couldnt be just a coincidence!?!!?!?

how many other people would do contract law and torts in subjects other than busl250? ;) :p

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Sorry, Contract Law AND Torts? someone had books for both?

My guess is they're a law student. Possibly a contracts one, wanting to look something up in tort? maybe they remembered something in their tort unit and wanted to look it up because it might apply in contract? I dunno. Maybe they're doing both? I know contract law is currently running, but the handbook.mq.edu.au doesn't say much about law203.

Maybe it's a sign to panic.. personally I don't think that sort of level of research is needed. My girl, for example, does 16 pages of notes on what we do 2 pages of notes on. There's no need to have 16 pages if all Blazey has given is 2 (unless you're enthusiastic or interested, and in that case, go for it... but I'm not that enthusiastic or willing to wish that sorta stress upon myself).

I'd seriously not worry so much dude... It'll be all good and work out. Go thru the book, read it. Write notes. Get the overheads/slides. Go thru them, becuase they contain the basics: make sure you understnad everything in them, and could essentially cover everything up in the slide and explain it based just on the heading.

This subject's a joke, in my opinion. They give you assignemtns with instructions down the bottom as to how to do it. Why even bother giving the assignment? They're almost forcing the marks upon you.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
hey any "free" marks is welcome!....anyway can we take typed A4 page into exam right?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
choco said:
hey any "free" marks is welcome!....anyway can we take typed A4 page into exam right?
from what i have heard, double sided a4 sheet.

*type 2 font* ;) :p

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
cos i read that purple booklet and it said hand written so i dunno which one

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
I remember finding that problem, too, actually.. was gonna ask Ms Blazey, but never got round to it... she keeps saying typed, though.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
redruM said:
They might be a second year law student, because we're doing contracts at the moment which incorporates various aspects of tort law...

Just to put your mind at ease! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)