• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bush's Creationism in schools remarks (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
of course, many people give out challengesd which cant be proven...

i dont understand what youre playing at for your last point
i am makign a claim exaclty like zahids, but with a larger religion.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
SashatheMan said:
do you look into the claims you make? you havent said anything concluing about a guy who performs black magic by burning a shirt. you are yourself just a blind follower to all the people who claim to be miricle workers and use faith to back thier claims.
magicians who perform tell people they doing an illusion , but people cant exlain it, the people you speak of, usually cant even do any magic, but just claim to know it. Others just know how to do illusions, and blind followers as yourself will fall for it.
i dont believe any tom, dick or harry that pulls off a stunt that can be classed as "magical", but i dont openly deny that they're not magicians, until evidence can be found otherwise. and as for the shirt burning, it is only a portion of black magic. that man was known, among others, to deal with black magic. what you believe wouldnt affect me, and vice versa. let me give you an example that you may hae heard of. cris angel? that dude that has a tv show. i wouldnt say that he is a magician unless the camera was able to keep on running for some stunts. for example, he made a card move through a glass window to stick on the outside. had the camera been running all the time, and there hadnt been any camera angle changes, i may have believed him. but until i meet him and find out for myself that his tricks are genuine, i will always be skeptical. i dont watch his show btw, it was coincidental that i had watched that episode.

Sarah

HSC
N/A
Generator said:
For someone not of the opinion that such a thing exists (i.e., not of the faith), that would depend entirely upon whether the person is a skeptic (i.e., agnostic) or whether they are completely closed to what they would consider to be a fanciful notion (i.e., atheist). Both would treat the claims as not being worthy of serious consideration, but one would remain somewhat open to the possibility whereas the other would dismiss it out of hand.

Is that the type of response that you were after?

All of that said and done, why someone would want to 'prove' a particular aspect of their faith is beyond me... Yes, one may consider it to be true and that the 'evidence' is before our eyes, but keep in mind that it is a faith, and that one cannot believe in something that actually exists. As such, to try and 'prove' it achieves nothing in a spiritual sense (it's as though one is trying to justify their own faith in the entity in question) and it only serves to fuel debates such as this.

I'm kind of tired, but at the moment that all seems to make sense.
What i may see as being 'real', other's may dismiss it as having faith in something.
People might wish to prove a particular aspect of their faith to answer critics who dimiss claims made. e.g claims such as experiecing the presence of a spirit, seeing something that was unexplainable. Afterall, as Moonlight has stated, the onus is on those that believe in God to prove that God exist. However with regards to the alien example, my claims would be dismissed as i don't have any scientific evidence. The only 'evidence' i do have is eyewitness testimony which wouldn't be considered as scientific.

I think what you're saying makes sense (if i understand it correctly) however the reason i bring this up is because there are experiences out there which even science cannot answer.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Sarah said:
I think what you're saying makes sense (if i understand it correctly) however the reason i bring this up is because there are experiences out there which even science cannot answer.
I agree, but I take issue whenever such an experience is 'blindly' attributed to a higher entity or force with such conviction that the person in question dismisses the notion of science in its entirety, that there is still much to be learned and that the process is neverending and forever open to rigorous debate (within the framework of the scientific method).

There's much that we cannot explain, but papering over the cracks with a god or a higher force isn't an explanation in any sense of the word. Personally, I don't have a great problem with those attributing such experiences to a higher entity or god if they are also supportive of the scientific method (i.e., not those supporting ID), it's merely those who consider "it's an act of god" to be a reasonable argument alone that annoy me (and many others, as you have noticed).

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
expecting events? please explain.

my friend didnt feel anything strange in the surroundings, only from the possessed person. but i've heard experiences with black magic which sound dead true, like a person being able to burn something he focused on. he could make a cigarette circle burn if the person wasnt looking at him, and my aunty's husband had a guy take an overwhelming neck pain out of my aunty's husband and put it on himself. apparently it was because the guy didnt like to owe favours lol.
When you expect an event to happen you see any signs that might indicate that event and remember them forgetting anything else.

A similar thing happens if you were to focus on a particular number and look at all the instances you see it (well excluding 47 which does occur the most in the universe).

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
Xayma said:
When you expect an event to happen you see any signs that might indicate that event and remember them forgetting anything else.

A similar thing happens if you were to focus on a particular number and look at all the instances you see it (well excluding 47 which does occur the most in the universe).
it seems like the only thing i can compare this to is the signs of the day of judgement. we have seen alot of signs, so much that in fact the only ones we are waiting for are the ones that are so big that you will have all muslims who know of those signs jeering at everyone else saying "i told you so!" this is of course, if islam is the right religion ;)

you want some of the signs that have passed? well, buildings will reach the sky, and your thighs talking to you are the two that are currently in my mind, so ill explain how these two have come about. the buildings are obvious: 200+ stories will more than suffice, thank you. as for the thighs talking to you, i was pretty stumped for it too. but it turns out that it is very easy, since mobile phones are placed on our waists or in our pockets. maybe that isnt what the sign meant, but it is a clever way of interpreting it let me tell you. oh, and another, which is basically the next sign that is to happen out of the ones not yet found is the rise of islam. sounds bull? i agree that it seem farfetched, which is why it is a major sign, unlike the majority of the ones already passed which were minor ones. it is because we have ran out of signs that you may hear alot of people saying that the day is near: near could be within the next 50 years, bearing in mind how long we have been on earth

47 occurs the most? wow, didnt know that!

Last edited:

stainmepink

HSC
veterandoggy said:
really? well, the same "people" also described the early stages of a baby in verry precise detail, said that worker bees were female, and said that the mountains act like pegs which hold the earth together. all of these were "scientifically proven" only recently, yet these, and MANY other scientific facts, have been recorded in these "people's" days. im pretty sure i would trust someone that impossibly accurate if they told me that we were created, and not evolved from other species
the bibly contains absolutely no science in it, just mans postulating bullshit. and it never recorded the stages of a baby precisely. and open up ur mind. the bible is a novel. people could have simply added stuff to the bible. the bibly is also sexist and outdated. grow a brain please.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
gobaby said:
the bibly contains absolutely no science in it, just mans postulating bullshit. and it never recorded the stages of a baby precisely. and open up ur mind. the bible is a novel. people could have simply added stuff to the bible. the bibly is also sexist and outdated. grow a brain please.
grow some eyes pretty please. i didnt refer to the bible, and if you read the rest of my posts to try and pick out what religion i forllow, you would know that i was referring to the QURAN. so are you going to say that the quran doesnt describe these? cos ive read them countless times...

stainmepink

HSC
veterandoggy said:
grow some eyes pretty please. i didnt refer to the bible, and if you read the rest of my posts to try and pick out what religion i forllow, you would know that i was referring to the QURAN. so are you going to say that the quran doesnt describe these? cos ive read them countless times...
i should stop arguing. if religion moulds you into the perfect working bee prone to manipulations of the state then by all means believe in what you believe. how about you do this for homework. treat the QURAN as an english text and tell me how it positions the reader to see things, then link it to the context of its upstarts.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
When it comes down to it, we're not really meant to prove God to anyone anyway. God will prove himself to those who seek him. Of course there's no harm in trying anyway, but the general consensus is it's not possible, and perhaps it isn't. We're basically just here to be an example, and to spread the word.

Last edited:

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
gobaby said:
i should stop arguing. if religion moulds you into the perfect working bee prone to manipulations of the state then by all means believe in what you believe. how about you do this for homework. treat the QURAN as an english text and tell me how it positions the reader to see things, then link it to the context of its upstarts.
worker bees are female :). i like being a pain

ok, its been a while since ive done homework, but ill try. ok, i think ive figured out how to do this. how about this: it sets up the open-minded reader's thoughts in a way so that they do not need to question their religion very far, since the answers for their questions lie within their reach, if they can reach far enough, or be patient enough for them to grow so that their arms are lengthened by their age won wisdom.

wow, i guess i am pretty rusty, i fear uni now...

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
it seems like the only thing i can compare this to is the signs of the day of judgement. we have seen alot of signs, so much that in fact the only ones we are waiting for are the ones that are so big that you will have all muslims who know of those signs jeering at everyone else saying "i told you so!" this is of course, if islam is the right religion ;)

you want some of the signs that have passed? well, buildings will reach the sky, and your thighs talking to you are the two that are currently in my mind, so ill explain how these two have come about. the buildings are obvious: 200+ stories will more than suffice, thank you. as for the thighs talking to you, i was pretty stumped for it too. but it turns out that it is very easy, since mobile phones are placed on our waists or in our pockets. maybe that isnt what the sign meant, but it is a clever way of interpreting it let me tell you. oh, and another, which is basically the next sign that is to happen out of the ones not yet found is the rise of islam. sounds bull? i agree that it seem farfetched, which is why it is a major sign, unlike the majority of the ones already passed which were minor ones. it is because we have ran out of signs that you may hear alot of people saying that the day is near: near could be within the next 50 years, bearing in mind how long we have been on earth

47 occurs the most? wow, didnt know that!
first of all as to follow up on what someone said , mobile phones are not your thighs, and you dont lean down to talk to your mobile phone while its in your pocket , you pick it up and talk near your ear.

Thats exactly what other people are saying, you are so centered on the idea of judgement day , that you are looking for any sign that will tell you that its true, so you just relate vague things which are not even close to what the signs actually state , to your belief and make claims on it coming true.

Christians do the same all the time. The virgin marry popping up on a fence, tunnel wall, and even a piece of toast. How ricidulous are those people who will prey to a tunnel wall with water running down.

your saying its gonna happen in the next 50 years. How convinient that its in your life time. People have been saying the same thing for hundreds of years, where ar ethey now? dead and the world is still spinning.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
worker bees are female :). i like being a pain

ok, its been a while since ive done homework, but ill try. ok, i think ive figured out how to do this. how about this: it sets up the open-minded reader's thoughts in a way so that they do not need to question their religion very far, since the answers for their questions lie within their reach, if they can reach far enough, or be patient enough for them to grow so that their arms are lengthened by their age won wisdom.

wow, i guess i am pretty rusty, i fear uni now...
but your not open minded, you follow the quran word by word and never question if its relevant or necessarry or why others follow a differt religion and that it might be more superior.

you been told of all the crap thats in the book and you believe it. You think judgement day is coming, but has any true believer came to you in person and told you , ive been to judgement day and its real. or has god told you its gonna happen? you might say yes , god is giving me signs. pfff signs those vague signs that you have to spot around the world like its "wheres wally" , then you relate these vague signs eg mobile phone = talking thigh , to what you believe

If i saw another jesus come to earth, by floating from the sky, i will know i was completely wrong. or i see god in some form i can understand i will know i was wrong. till that day its absurd to think he is real.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
well, alot of people would think im luny because im not ready, or anyone for that matter, to die, but i really am looking forward to the rise of islam again. yes, i know that according to you and many others i am probably waiting for something that may not happen from your eyes, and i have a small voice inside of me telling me "no, you dont want to witness the rise of islam", because the antichrist will fool muslims and nonmuslims alike. i just hope i wont be fooled by his god-inspired powers, because after he comes what you follow id what you follow. its like stories we have heard where kings say that they want to meet the angel of death mockingly, and when they do, they ask for a few minutes to repent, but the angel of death didnt come to wait, he came to take your soul....

i'm not sure about you sasha, but if i lived my life fearing that every second could be my last, and that i was in no way ready to die, you would be a person with not only good manners and morals, but you will always think about every action before you do it, because a thought is only recorded as a sin when it is acted upon.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
If i saw another jesus come to earth, by floating from the sky, i will know i was completely wrong. or i see god in some form i can understand i will know i was wrong. till that day its absurd to think he is real.
you see, that is why i am afraid for you. you dont understand that when you see jesus, it will be too late. when the antichrist appears it will be too late. when the sun rises from the west it will be too late. of course you will believe and acknowledge that you were wrong. allah doesnt want you to believe after you recieve cold hard evidence like that. he wants you to be able to believe in him without these, so that your belief is because you want to believe, not because the witnessing of jesus brought you to your senses, not because god proved you wrong...

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
its like stories we have heard where kings say that they want to meet the angel of death mockingly, and when they do, they ask for a few minutes to repent, but the angel of death didnt come to wait, he came to take your soul....

mate they are stories. nothing in reality has happened that can be said to show this. Those stories only hold messages that warn people to fear laziness, or other unproductive attributes that humans tend to hold.

i'm not sure about you sasha, but if i lived my life fearing that every second could be my last, and that i was in no way ready to die, you would be a person with not only good manners and morals, but you will always think about every action before you do it, because a thought is only recorded as a sin when it is acted upon.
i am not sure where u are gettign with this. are u saying that i am fearful every second of my life?

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
first of all as to follow up on what someone said , mobile phones are not your thighs, and you dont lean down to talk to your mobile phone while its in your pocket , you pick it up and talk near your ear.
ive learnt that you take things in literal sense ages ago, so i dont know why i bothered.

Generator

HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
no, im saying i am, and that is because of my religion
and I thought that faith and institutional religion offered particular notions of hope, comfort and stability to those that way inclined... Oh well, I guess that at times fear is a far more effective tool of control than any other.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
Generator said:
and I thought that faith and institutional religion offered particular notions of hope, comfort and stability to those that way inclined... Oh well, I guess that at times fear is a far more effective tool of control than any other.
yes, it offers comfort and also fear to prevent us from sinning. man, my yawns are eating my face. im off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)