• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bit over word count (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
Hey guy's i'm in a bit of a weird situation atm, i have finished writing my business plan and the word limit is 2000 max. i currently have 2542 (with tables, heading and title) and 2013 (without) and literally cannot find anything else to cut down, i have read it like 20 times. Do you think teachers will care if I am 13 words over? Do they actually count it?

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
yea lol, criteria says 'Plans exceeding the word limit will not receive full marks'
would be best to ask your teacher then. I have never heard of an assignment where you will be penalized for 13 words over

Joshmosh2

HSC
No, they don't have any word counting systems, nor manually count each word. However, they would probably take into account the quantity of pages, which is obviously an estimation of your word count.

astroman

HSC
No, they don't have any word counting systems, nor manually count each word. However, they would probably take into account the quantity of pages, which is obviously an estimation of your word count.
it's 8 and a bit over pages, size 12 Times New Roman 1.5 spaced

siggy

HSC
Are you sure they won't be counting the 500+ words you've done over then??

enoilgam

HSC
It depends on your teachers and how well they check it. If I was the teacher, I would ask for a digital submission and penalise you for going over - it's an unfair advantage.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
oh ik that feel

at my school there's a 10% leeway given so try asking your teacher if you have it as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)