• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bio enzyme prac...help (1 Viewer)

k150764

HSC
i have to conduct an enzyme experiment on their concentration of the substrate on the activtity of a names enzyme catalase...the enzyme is a potato

can anyone check my method and see if i'm doing the right thing??
i'm confused

This is my method for my practical: i left a space in front of hydrogen peroxide because the teacher didn't tell us weather we should use 3% or 6%

Method:
  • Place 5 test tubes in the test tube rack and label the test tubes 1-5.
  • Pour in the volumes of hydrogen peroxide and distilled water in each test tube with the correct volume of the substrate.
This is shown in the table:
Test Tube
H2O2 (ml)
Distilled water (ml)

• Mix the contents of each test tube.
  • Cut the potatoes and crush them to increase their SA for more reaction.
  • Place the crushed potatoes in the test tubes with the same amount and mark the initial height of the liquid with a marking pen.
  • Measure the height of the test tubes after 5 minutes to see if any change or reaction has occurred.

k150764

HSC
k150764 said:
i have to conduct an enzyme experiment on their concentration of the substrate on the activtity of a names enzyme catalase...the enzyme is a potato

can anyone check my method and see if i'm doing the right thing??
i'm confused

This is my method for my practical: i left a space in front of hydrogen peroxide because the teacher didn't tell us weather we should use 3% or 6%

Method:
  • Place 5 test tubes in the test tube rack and label the test tubes 1-5.
  • Pour in the volumes of hydrogen peroxide and distilled water in each test tube with the correct volume of the substrate.
This is shown in the table:
Test Tube
H2O2 (ml)
Distilled water (ml)

• Mix the contents of each test tube.
  • Cut the potatoes and crush them to increase their SA for more reaction.
  • Place the crushed potatoes in the test tubes with the same amount and mark the initial height of the liquid with a marking pen.
  • Measure the height of the test tubes after 5 minutes to see if any change or reaction has occurred.

the table is kinda stuffed.........it's a table showing how many volumes of hydrogen and distilled water should be in each test tube labelled 1-5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)