• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Beneath Clouds? (1 Viewer)

dragonsgirl

HSC
Does Anyone Know What I Could Write In An Essay On Physical Journeys For My Additional Text Beneath Clouds By Ivan Sen? Greatly Appreciated:)

Aimz- Lou.

A review of beneath clouds is part of the stimulus booklet...(Blood on the tracks) is that what you are referring to? If not, it would probably be a good idea to steer clear of the actual film, because it demonstrates a lack of originality if you were to use it. try to pick something a little more obscure, that demonstrates wide reading because that's what the markers will be looking for.

But, for the stimulus booklet text:
- Talk about how journeys can remove the individual from their comfort zone...
"We encounter our travellers heading for the borders of their respective identities..."

- Talk about how the journey can seem endless...
"What lies beneath a further-reaching sky..."

- Talk about how the physical journey can act as a clarification of direction or purpose in life. For example, "the orad metaphor acts as a signpost to its own significations.
“Signpost is defined as a provider of direction, indicating which path should be taken to reach a particular destination. “Signification” is defined as the process of coming to terms with the direction or path that should be taken, and may indicate a lack of clarity.

Thematic concerns include:
o Racial identity.
o Individual identity.
o Horizons and change.
o Combination of values.
o Continual movement and self-discovery.

The final sentence of the text implies that a “road journey” is a continually moving process. There can be no going back to re-assess the options. Once a decision has been made it is solidified, and the rest of the journey simply becomes a consequence of this decision. The same can be said of an emotional journey. When a decision has been made something inside the character changes, making it impossible for them to recapture the exact feeling or choice they once faced.

serge

HSC
dragonsgirl said:
Does Anyone Know What I Could Write In An Essay On Physical Journeys For My Additional Text Beneath Clouds By Ivan Sen?
dont chose texts that you dont understand, or texts that you cant find techniques in, if you copy really general ideas it wont seem original
or thought-out properly, therefore you wont get a good mark

dragonsgirl

HSC
oh thanks heaps, what additional text do u suggest in doing??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)