• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BCS theory...? (1 Viewer)

Drsoccerball

HSC
Okay so BCS theory explains how superconductors maintain 0 resistance below critical temperature...
Can someone explain how it explains it? I dont get it...

Drsoccerball

HSC
Okay my question now is how can the cooper pair go through the structure uninterrupted

Drsoccerball

HSC
That diagram just screwed me over...
Let me try to xplain:
So BCS theory explains why a type 1 superconductor has 0 resistance below its critical temperature. As electrons pass through the structure the negative charges distort the structure causing the electron to release a positive area in the area behind it (lol.) This forms cooper pairs as the second electron is attracted to the positive area behind the electron which is technically then attached to the electron. The cooper pair travels through th lattice structure with 0 resistance as it doesn't bump into any other electrons...

Kaido

be.
HSC
That diagram just screwed me over...
Let me try to xplain:
So BCS theory explains why a type 1 superconductor has 0 resistance below its critical temperature. As electrons pass through the structure the negative charges distort the structure causing the electron to release a positive area in the area behind it (lol.) This forms cooper pairs as the second electron is attracted to the positive area behind the electron which is technically then attached to the electron. The cooper pair travels through th lattice structure with 0 resistance as it doesn't bump into any other electrons...
Release? It's more like "produce/create"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)