• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Australia's qualification to the World Cup (Analysis) (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
!Solskjaer! said:
Australia will get through it on heart alone. Thew newfound respect for the coach amongst the players means a hellova lot too.
This is why Year 10 girls couldn't work for a betting agency.

First match odds just in!

URUGUAY VS AUSTRALIA - RESULT
URUGUAY 1.60
DRAW 3.50
AUSTRALIA 5.00

It's actually not a bad payoff for a uruguayan win, or a draw if you fancy a punt.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
!Solskjaer! said:
Australia will get through it on heart alone. Thew newfound respect for the coach amongst the players means a hellova lot too.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
We get Spanish refs at home instead of Belgians. Im not sure what to make of this just yet, except that the Spanish bloke must be glad not to ref in Turkey after he sent 2 Fener players off midweek.

AND I GOT MY TICKETS TODAY!!!

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
I found someone who bulked up on tickets through football family, and he sold me one.

!Solskjaer!

HSC
bazookajoe said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Excuse my ignorance, but I fail to see the humour.

And Solskjaer in the A-League would be awesome...partnering Dwight...

Jimmy_B

HSC
!Solskjaer! said:
Excuse my ignorance, but I fail to see the humour.
i think bazooka's laughing because urugay are a pretty hard bunch. that said i do believe with proper organisation and the strength of our middies and forwards we can do the cunts.

just hope vidmar, neill and schwarzer dont make any cock-ups, which is a bit much over the course of two games.

!Solskjaer!

HSC
Qualification means so, so much for Australian football, and I'm sure you all appreciate it. We will win this if the boys can see the bigger picture and pour their hearts into the game and just play hard.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Yeah, but the problem is that Uruguay will be doing this also. I cant see it being down to who wants it more, but the formation and strategy each team employs, and how well they carry them out. Having Guus is a massive advantage, i think I would consider this impossible with Frankie, bless him.

!Solskjaer!

HSC
Australia wants it more, and I don't think Uruguay realises it.

The key to winning is looking at what the Urguayans do (on and off the pitch) and countering it. Guus knows how to do it on the pitch, we have to support our boys from off the pitch.

Don't forget Uruguay's away record...

Kudos to the FFA for giving us hope and sacking Fwank. It confirmed my faith in the new administration.

RIP Johnny.

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
I found someone who bulked up on tickets through football family, and he sold me one.
How much did you pay?

My friend has 5 spare tickets, (3 adult, 2 concession) the dumbarse bought too many.

btw, <3 your sig
<3 Keane
<3 Forest... yeah i know they suck but what can you do

!Solskjaer!

HSC
How could you buy 'too many'? They sold out in like 20 minutes, and with the MFN the max you could buy was 6...

Is your friend trying to get rid of 'em?

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
!Solskjaer! said:
Australia wants it more, and I don't think Uruguay realises it.

The key to winning is looking at what the Urguayans do (on and off the pitch) and countering it. Guus knows how to do it on the pitch, we have to support our boys from off the pitch.

Don't forget Uruguay's away record...

Kudos to the FFA for giving us hope and sacking Fwank. It confirmed my faith in the new administration.

RIP Johnny.
Note that you are not the country of either Australia or Uruguay. You are also not in eithers national team.

HSC
!Solskjaer! said:
How could you buy 'too many'? They sold out in like 20 minutes, and with the MFN the max you could buy was 6...

Is your friend trying to get rid of 'em?
We have a group of 10. We bought tickets for 5 of us, but then the rest of the group bought tickets for all of us... so we ended up with 10 tickets in 2 different areas.

He's trying to sell them to people he knows first, otherwise he'll be eBaying them.

Solskajaer, i don't think Australia's victory will be as easy as wanting to win, observing the U-R-Gayians, and supporting our team...

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
my sharona said:
How much did you pay?

My friend has 5 spare tickets, (3 adult, 2 concession) the dumbarse bought too many.

btw, <3 your sig
<3 Keane
<3 Forest... yeah i know they suck but what can you do
$160 B class. I dont care. I just wish I got on football-family. But at least I get to go now.

Everyone should love Keane. But why Forest?

And btw, with all the talk about refs, who is doing the first leg? if they are argentinian...

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
my sharona said:
my sharona!!

Why do you not come onto the A-League thread anymore? From memory, you posted who would make the top four, then said you would explain it later .. and then you never came back :(

Bummer.

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
my sharona!!

Why do you not come onto the A-League thread anymore? From memory, you posted who would make the top four, then said you would explain it later .. and then you never came back :(

Bummer.
Oh... well... i forgot my reasons and i don't think Central Coast are as good as i initially thought.
I'll be back, wait till uni ends and i'll be spamming it up like whoah. :p

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Everyone should love Keane. But why Forest?
Just cause my bf goes for them. Going for another team isn't worth all the fights.

I used to be a Man Utd girl, but now look at me. Bloody 10th in League One! *shakes fist*

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
... said:
[QOUTE=bJ_Bhoy 87]And btw, with all the talk about refs, who is doing the first leg? if they are argentinian...[/QOUTE]both legs i believed are assigned to an european ref
The officials in Uruguay will be the Danish trio of Claus Bo Larsen, Bill Hansen and Anders Norrestrand.

The officials in Australia WERE GOING TO BE Belgian men Frank De Bleeckere, Mark Simons and Peter Hermans. However, Uruguay have complained heavily, citing the fact that Belgium borders Holland, and that there are no Spanish-speaking officials over the two legs.

It seems that the October 16 match could be controlled by Spaniards .. but nothing has been confirmed yet, to my knowledge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)