• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Australian Politics (4 Viewers)

Lentern

HSC
Dr Nelson retiring early. He says its more or less because he considers himself to be the "past" in terms of liberal party leadership and the past must step aside to allow the present and the future to do their thing. This will prompt speculation that people like Philip Ruddock, Bronwyn Bishop and Kevin Andrews should also resign to let the fresh new talent be a part of the team that takes on the coalition at the next election.

Somehow I don't think there will be a Higgins by-election. I'm sure all those clever people who think Costello is finished think differently though.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Good thinking imo. Get some new blood into the team before the election. Wonder who theyre thinking of? Theyre probably too chicken to put superstars in marginals this time around.

Lentern

HSC
Good thinking imo. Get some new blood into the team before the election. Wonder who theyre thinking of? Theyre probably too chicken to put superstars in marginals this time around.
Tom Switzer and Arthur Sinodinos I believe are the two "high flyers" the liberals have lurking in the wings. Switzer is the goose who on Qanda tried to tell David Marr that the Tampa and Sievx were the same boat, but I'll admit he's a pretty good communicator. I doubt Sinodinos would be particularly dynamic.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Sinodinos has announced he isn't contesting.

Also, lol:

Who Will Be ALP Leader At The Next NSW State Election?

Any Other Party Member 2.75
Carmel Tebbutt 4.00
Frank Sartor 4.50
Nathan Rees 5.00
Kristina Kenneally 6.00
Michael Daley 9.00
John Robertson 11.00
Verity Firth 26.00

HSC
There's a new ad campaign...did anyone hear? $20m for an ad company to come up with something that'll appeal not only to tourists, but to investors, international students, etc. D'you think they'll get it right this time?

Lentern

HSC
Sinodinos has announced he isn't contesting.

Also, lol:

Who Will Be ALP Leader At The Next NSW State Election?

Any Other Party Member 2.75
Carmel Tebbutt 4.00
Frank Sartor 4.50
Nathan Rees 5.00
Kristina Kenneally 6.00
Michael Daley 9.00
John Robertson 11.00
Verity Firth 26.00
Not contesting anything or not contesting Bradfield? One imagines Switzer would run a pretty aggressive campaign, it might well be easier to let Tom take Bradfield then come election time try and get the seat of a different departing pollie. It is very possible Wentworth will be vacant by the next election.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hmm, with that wife of his...I feel sorry for Della.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
He's so hot and sexy.

I also think he has a beautiful smile, and beautiful eyes.
He said if anyone ever asked him, he would say I was his niece.
Now I feel silly and used :(

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
As if the Rees Govt aren't struggling enough, I think they'll definitely miss Della Bosca.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
yay they found mr minister

U

Ubik

Why did he resign, jesus christ this fucking cuntry/

I didn't think this petty personal shit mattered in this country.

Completely unreasonable to expect any man married to belinda neal to remain faithful.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Are they going to look into her claims about him purposely missing the flight to Armidale/not having her sign the visitors book when he screwed her in his office?
At the moment it's his word against hers, but if she's telling the truth, surely he's breached his duties as minister, which he claims he didn't?
We need an all out shitfight, imo.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
As Crabb says in the SMH today, the Libs just can't get on the front page of the papers or the news because Labor just keeps self-inflicting themselves. A smart Labor leader could position the Libs as overly safe because they seem to be offering little and content to watch it fold all in front of them. However, such a Labor person does not exist. They are all pathetic.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Why would the libs want to distract attention away from all these scandals? Their best strategy at the moment is just to sit back, shut up and let the alp self destruct.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Who is to say that will be enough though? It didn't work for the last election. 'More to do, but heading in the right direction' got Labor home. I am scared the majority of some electorates are imbeciles and will forgive them. Again.

Lentern

HSC
As Crabb says in the SMH today, the Libs just can't get on the front page of the papers or the news because Labor just keeps self-inflicting themselves. A smart Labor leader could position the Libs as overly safe because they seem to be offering little and content to watch it fold all in front of them. However, such a Labor person does not exist. They are all pathetic.
Surely no politician has ever run a "safer" campaign then Rudd in 2007 and surely you believe John Howard was a smart party leader. Therefore your theory is bullshit, labor need to somehow make the liberals seem scary not boring. O'farrell is not going to go cooky and I don't thing attacking the deputies can really work, chair sniffer treasurer in WA, communist Julia as DPM... Unless there is a real election turning event like 9/11 right before the next election O'farrell will have the number of whoever leads labor. All he needs to do is stay out of trouble. I think the same probably applied to QLD but instead of running a "safe" candidate they ran Springborg again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)