• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ATAR Prediction plsplsplspls (3 Viewers)

Gods_Spear

HSC
wow 3 extension subjects r u ok
It was honestly super fine till the trials when I had 4 exams in 3 days just because I do a couple extra exams, that was pretty fucked. I'm blessed up for ext eng though because I flopped advanced, even though english ext is not my favourite at all. History extension is just a fun time, probably my favourite subject, I was doing quite poorly after the first task (12th i think) because I had no logbook and only kept it as my extra unit because I enjoy it, very thankful now. Maths extension can be very tricky though, for me at least. But nah its very doable

iloveeggs

HSC
history and english arent smart sunjects.
dont know abt history ext but eng ext def needs a certain skillset not everyone has. i could guarantee you if you put my eng adv cohort in eng ext their marks would drop like crazy and we are a selective school with a great english faculty. it comes with a genuine interest, creative thinking and engaging with your texts on a deeper level than you would for advanced

Gods_Spear

HSC
dont know abt history ext but eng ext def needs a certain skillset not everyone has. i could guarantee you if you put my eng adv cohort in eng ext their marks would drop like crazy and we are a selective school with a great english faculty. it comes with a genuine interest, creative thinking and engaging with your texts on a deeper level than you would for advanced
don't have any of this tbh, I'm not gonna go great in the exam

enchantedivory27

HSC
exactly eng ext is hard to go well in you cant really yap and make it up, it is so skill heavy and many different analysis you have to think about on the spot at a high standard. you have to love it to do well and not for everyone def

Gods_Spear

HSC
Getting atar projections from my school today. Will compare with what everyone is saying. But I mean its impossible to know till you get the results, but it is interesting

Chiprr

Somewhat Active Member
HSC
Getting atar projections from my school today. Will compare with what everyone is saying. But I mean its impossible to know till you get the results, but it is interesting
got mine back this morning and im happy with mine. Tempted to ask for a prediction myself to see what other people think in comparison to what the schools prediction is

Chiprr

Somewhat Active Member
HSC
reckon your prediction will be higher than mine though since i bottled economics and engineering

Chiprr

Somewhat Active Member
HSC
What was it? You getting 97+? Your mark in ext 1 and 2 is insurmountable I aint beating you
96.79 is what they gave me, but I just had a look again and my engineering mark didn't change from the second projection they gave me so it should definitely be lower than what they gave me. estimated indicative atar of ext 1 is 99.4 and ext 2 is 99.6

Chiprr

Somewhat Active Member
HSC
Thats really bloody good, wonder how accurate itll be
Don't think i'll drop engineering since I might end up doing better in it than in economics so I'm just going to have to grind both. Est hsc mark for physics was a 90 so you'll definitely be higher than that in solid b6 territory. I definitely hope its accurate and that I can even exceed those marks.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@jimmysmith560 can you help this man out with some better numbers
Given the information in the original post, it seems that OP's current performance is consistent with an ATAR in the low 90's. More specifically, that would be an ATAR of approximately 93.5.

OP's best-performing subjects are Mathematics Advanced and Physics, which is evident because of the outstanding rank in each. Should OP also achieve the highest HSC exam mark within his cohort in both subjects, the moderation process will work in his favour and their HSC exam mark will become their overall HSC mark in these two subjects. This means that OP has an opportunity to maximise his overall HSC marks in both subjects, resulting in substantial contributions to his ATAR.

Although OP's rank in Ancient History and History Extension is slightly lower, his position remains favourable, meaning that both subjects are also likely to make a positive contribution to his ATAR. OP should therefore do his utmost in preparation for the HSC exam of both subjects, allowing him to perform well overall and help maximise his ATAR.

Though not unfavourable, OP's performance in Mathematics Extension 1, English Advanced and English Extension 1 is of a slightly lower standard compared to the rest of his subjects. This could perhaps indicate that there is greater room for improvement in these subjects compared to the rest of his subjects. As such, OP may wish to consider allocating additional study time towards these subjects in preparation for their HSC exam.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)