• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Atar Prediction & Maximisation? (1 Viewer)

finwand

HSC
Hi guys!

I go to a school ranked 50s. What is my current ATAR estimate do you think, and which subjects do I need to push to get above 95? Is it impossible?

Biology 9/34 - around 5 band 6s a year
Chemistry 11/18 - around 1 band 6 a year..
English Adv 11/ 98 - around 18 band 6s a year
English Ext-1 9/13 -unsure, cohort is normally 2 or 3
English Ext-2 7/8 -unsure, cohort is normally 1
Society and Culture 6/24 - around 17 band 6s a year and 2 state ranks

Thank you, I'm so worried I won't be able to get into uni

igor9

HSC
tf ur gonna get into uni rn i would say an atar around 90 maybe a bit higher or lower depending on how u do in the hsc, a band 6 in english adv will be good for ur atar so make sure to do good in that.

also a band 6 in english adv will get u 5 extra pts with hsc plus, so u will actually be chilling if u get that so make sure to band 6.

finwand

HSC
Thanks! Do you think I can scrape above 93 if my scores for the externals are around 90% for bio, english adv, soc and eng ext?

igor9

HSC
maybe ion know try just scoring that first, hypothetical discussions don't matter, just do ur best

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@jimmysmith560 whats your prediction for finwand?
Considering this information, OP's performance is consistent with an ATAR in the low 90s. Specifically, that would be an ATAR no lower than 90.5 and up to 94.

English Advanced and Society and Culture seem to be OP's best-performing subjects and are likely to make a positive contribution to her ATAR. Because of this, OP must ensure that she thoroughly prepares for the HSC exam of these subjects, allowing her to perform well and solidify her overall performance, maximising the contribution of each subject to her ATAR.

The same can be suggested, although perhaps to a slightly lesser extent, about OP's performance in Biology. This means that this subject is also likely to make a positive contribution to OP's ATAR, although it may not be as significant as that of English Advanced or Society and Culture. Favourable HSC exam performance can therefore help OP achieve a better overall HSC mark in the subject and increase her chances of reaching a higher ATAR.

Lastly, OP's position in English Extension 1 and English Extension 2 appears to be the least favourable compared to the rest of her subjects. While her performance is not necessarily unfavourable, these subjects may make the lowest contribution to her ATAR out of her subjects. Technically, the English Extension 2 Major Work was already submitted since it was due in late August, so hopefully that goes well. This leaves OP with the English Extension 1 HSC exam, and she must do her utmost in preparation for it to ensure the best possible result.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)