• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ASX Sharemarket Game 2007 TIPS (1 Viewer)

ShadowSwifter

HSC
Hey Guys:

The ASX Sharemarket game has just commenced on the 15th of May, any of you registered?
If anyone has experience in this game would you mind posting some tips here for the beginners? Thanks

1. Buy shares before a takeover
That's my tip

williamc

HSC
Yer my eco class is doing it as a competition. Winner gets $25.

Only tip i guess i can give you i guess is read up on the companies before you buy them, or sell them.

(i'm not a stockbroker, so i just guess ..)

kokodamonkey

HSC
i've done the game 3times. twice last year and once the year before. first time i lost a few thousand. 2nd game i ended up on bout $51.5k. 3rd game (last one 2006) ended up on $58k and i was about 40th in the state and 200th in the country. its more then just purchasing company stocks b4 takeovers you gotta keep an eye on the news etc to see whats happenin in what sectors, its good to diversify however if a whole sector is going through a good run its good to have more then one in there. its good to either have 4 or 5 different companies (So $10000 to $12500 per company) i.e. last year i took advantage of the media ownership laws changes with making capital gains off pbl, wan, fairfax. also zinc prices were going up so went well with zfx... just keep an eye on commodity prices as they are still going strong so nothing wrong with getting some of them.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
For the stock markets.....

Diversification
Minimise trade
Look at the past history..??

HSC
AWWWWWWWWW... the year 11-12 times....

i miss the old times... anywhoo.. tipsss

remember to check what date your suppose to sell all your shares.. CAUSE my group forgot to sell. Yeh, so we didnt have a chance... -_-"

OH and dont use up all of the money.. save some for companies that just emegered .. or like incase =]

have fun playing guys... goodluck =]

cheer!

davidw89

HSC
tips: dont invest in Telstra lol

hey is there a maximum ammount u can invest
why not invest Quantas they're gonna get bought out

hunter1

Evolution is a mystery
HSC
My advice to people is to invest in resource stock if you feel the China boom is going to continue or to invest in safe stocks suck as the banks and food companies if you fell the boom has come to an end. What is your guys usernames? My is the Economists from last year but it has been taken so it is now The_Economists Good Luck :)

hunter1

Evolution is a mystery
HSC
Can anyone access the page?? There seems to be a problem and it was loading extremely slowly on the first opening day??

redom

HSC
i done the game a couple times the last couple year and from my experience its quite useful to take advantage of dividends, but in a general case stock prices tend to fall after the dividends are released. Buy late, sell quickly and earn a few hundred dollars that way. And also i find it more usefull to take advantage of cheaper stocks, simply because they have greater returns, although are probably more risky and better investments only in the short term. purchasing rio tinto and mcq bank at like $75 a share wont do much, whilst stocks that cost around a dollar or two are the places to put your money. In saying that, do your research and youll do well.

Gluck! and enjoy it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)