• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Astrophysics module - question 2. (1 Viewer)

-X-

HSC
N/A
Someone tell me briefly what they did for these:
Perform an investigation to demonstrate the use of filteres for photometric measurements
and...
perform investigation to model light curves for eclipsing binaries using computer simulation

Dangar

Originally posted by jm1234567890
go to the charles sturt uni site
That site doesn't do any of the options though so it doesn't have answers to those dotpoints

-X-

HSC
N/A
Thanks for that danger. So in the exam, should i just talk about how changing mass/class etc.... affect the graph and stuff?

And for the first dot point, is there anyone who has done it? I dont think many people do astrophysics. :/

Thanks.

Dangar

Well... i was doing my notes for it and i'll tell you what I wrote but I really think it's on the wrong track and i was hoping someone would come up with something...

The only prac we did that seemed vaguely relevant was to use a ray box and place red and blue filters in front of it to simulate red and blue stars. Then in front of each 'star' we placed red, blue and green filters and measured the intensity of light given out by each. The green and blue filters represented the 'visual' and 'photometric' measurements real astronomers take and then we had readings for three parts of the spectrum of a 'star' and we could getr a rough idea of the shape of its spectrum...and yeah...
does this make sense?

I think this experiment is written up in Jacaranda anyway, or at least the method is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)