• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Assessment Mark vs. HSC Aligned Mark (1 Viewer)

mandog97

HSC
I'm just wondering about this particular issue and what will happen.

My assessment mark for Engineering is 91. I'm also placed first but I feel like, after realising the extensive lack of knowledge I have in certain calculations, that I am going to go average (50's or 60's, 70 if I'm lucky). The thing is, the say 5 people below me are definitely smarter but have not worked hard throughout the year except for the past ~8 weeks. If the people below me get raw marks which are say 15 or 20 above me (which they definitely will), what will happen to my final HSC mark?
Will I get dragged up due to my assessment mark and rank, and hence get a decent score? Or will it remain the same and destroy my ATAR hahaha

My school rank isn't too bad (~mid 200's) and the other people in my class will likely be outliers due to really poor marks.
Also, because Engineering is hard as %$^& will that also push me up?

I know thats heaps of info but if someone could explain that'll be awesome.
Thanks!

Thunderstorm

HSC
Through extensive research and hacking the Board of Studies secret files, my understanding of the highly complex process is:

Study hard --> Magic calculation process --> High ATAR

HSC
Since you're first, you want everyone to get high marks.
So your raw mark and the highest mark is averaged so you get your final then gets aligned blah blah

but here's the difference:
you want your own raw mark to be decent as well e.g. 75 and 95 are average--> becoming 85
however if you get 65 and they get 85--> becoming 75
it's your effort but also a team effort

we are yet to know if aligning is going to favour this sub, so work hard

sy37

HSC
Dude a 91% assessment mark is beast, you're capable of out achieving all of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)