• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Area of Study books?? (1 Viewer)

davidw89

HSC
Hey i asked my teacher what we were going to do next term. he said we were gonig to loo kat poems and stuff relating to sylvia plack and some other stuff. Iam wondering if there is any books/online materials that can be very useful to this topic?? Any good books in particular? I will try to chase it up.

Last edited:

davidw89

HSC
Yeh but they dont have any info on hsc books and stuffz info

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Best thing is to pop up at your closest Dymocks store (Try the one at Westfield Parramata) and just browse around there for an hour or more, you're bound to find some good study guides.

Just be careful not to copy and paste the stuff from the guides into your essays, you never know how far your teacher will go, in wanting to "screw up your English marks". Or if you're just starting year 12, know that English is quite subjective.

If you're in Year 11, don't worry about it too much, in fact it doesn't really matter if you're failing all the courses in Year 11 until you reach term 4, and that's when the marks are counted for your HSC. Only if you're planning to do a really advanced degree like Medicine/surgery that you'll need to really pump up the marks in year 11, or even year 10 to get into advanced classes.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Rekkusu said:
Best thing is to pop up at your closest Dymocks store (Try the one at Westfield Parramata) and just browse around there for an hour or more, you're bound to find some good study guides.

Just be careful not to copy and paste the stuff from the guides into your essays, you never know how far your teacher will go, in wanting to "screw up your English marks". Or if you're just starting year 12, know that English is quite subjective.

If you're in Year 11, don't worry about it too much, in fact it doesn't really matter if you're failing all the courses in Year 11 until you reach term 4, and that's when the marks are counted for your HSC. Only if you're planning to do a really advanced degree like Medicine/surgery that you'll need to really pump up the marks in year 11, or even year 10 to get into advanced classes.
I reckon the one in the city is your best choice.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Yup, the bigger the better!

Sometimes browsing for good study guides online is good.

davidw89

HSC
Hey thanks for the reply.

Iam curious as to what you mean by study guide online?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)