• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

are there any titanium craniums in here? (metal heads) ..hehe :P \m/ (1 Viewer)

InFlames_666

calling forth call metal heads!! hopefully there are a plethora of you's lurking in here, cos im having withdrawals- NO ONE to talk "metal" with... *sobs*

YES! I KNOW! it tis terrible! *does a dramatic pose!*

HAHA, well anyways, lets see what some of your favourite metal bands are- they can be from any sub-genres of the metal genre.. lets unleash the fury!! haha!

here are a few of my ultimate faves..and by the word "few" i mean:
Borknagar, emperor, tool, machine head, opeth, amon amarth, soilwork, In Flames, killswitch engage, chimaira, a perfect circle, Immortal, Katatonia, Behemoth, Neurosis, Kyuss, Dissection, Mastodon, Acid Bath, Arcturus, Enslaved, Satyricon, Astriaal, Death, Zyklon, Iron Maiden, Alchemist, Mogwai, Cult of Luna, fear factory, static-x, deftones, slipknot, sevendust, mudvayne, esshugah, cradle of filth, rammstein, daysend, devolved, tourettes, strapping young lad, white zombie, Slayer, Disturbed...

....AND the list goes on!

SO POST AWAY! metal heads- unite! RAHHHHHHHHH! lol :p

-loni \m/

artfag

Banned
HSC
InFlames_666 said:
emperor, amon amarth, Immortal, Katatonia, Neurosis, Kyuss, Mastodon, Satyricon, Astriaal, Death, Zyklon, Iron Maiden, Alchemist, strapping young lad, Slayer
um, mogwai are metal?

anyway, to add to the list;

godflesh (and all sideprojects - ice, god, etc...)
earth
anaal nathrakh
gorguts
isis
melvins
khanate
agalloch
arsis
eyehategod
bathory
boris
burzum
cryptopsy
dragonforce
dying fetus
electric wizard
finntroll
fistula
napalm death
necrophagist
old man gloom
pelican
sunn 0)))
swans
the locust

umm, i dunno...

that new mastodon album hasn't left my rotation for months.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
change your nic because in flames is nu-metal, or at least the gig from a few weeks back was full of mallcore jumping dickheads that i cant stand. it amazes me how many little kids deck out in this gear,and when they were told to jump they started jumping like a bunch of pussy pop-punkers they really are.

you got any idea who will be at m4tb 2005?

InFlames_666

HAHA..yeah will im afraid im an "old skool" inflames fan, and i stray away from the conventionalism of their new crap, so it aint all that bad.

InFlames_666

my mistake with the mogwai categorisation... still u cant deny the fact that they are awesome.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
thats good then mate. what i will give in flames is that they're dedicated musicians but obviously all that extra time doesnt help.

InFlames_666

yeah thats true- anders and the crew have continously toughed it out.. but after clayman, they began to lose the intensity that had accumlated with whoracle and the jester's race. their stuff is becoming more publicly accessible, and by that i mean that they are reaching forth to an audience that wants the more melodic elements of metal.. hence "nu-metal". meh, i was at the gig, and yes the preps were in abundance, and yes it was like an attack of the clones..lol but they still rocked pretty hard when they ripped into their old stuff lol

InFlames_666

i dunno..there was heaps of hype leading up to it, and i suppose the tour was pretty extensive, other than that.. i wouldn't have a freakin clue. haha.

but i'll tell u this- the machine head gig was more chaotic than in flames display... and thats really saying something, however machine head are part of my musical roots, so i give then my undivided respect but i honestly thought in flames would've been more ..ummm... great lol but yeah, their whole mainstream direction is killing em i think.. i suppose records sales contradict that statement though lol

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
mainstream direction = nothing but record sales matter

hahah i just laugh at all those faggots discussing emo and their pussy shit in the other thread

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
hold on... aren't In Flames meant to be MELODIC death metal anyway? i have a few of their songs, are ok, but nothin spesh

hrm well the original poster has a few nu-metal bands in there so there you go

G

Gavvvvvin

blackfriday said:
mainstream direction = nothing but record sales matter

hahah i just laugh at all those faggots discussing emo and their pussy shit in the other thread
And I laugh at the faggots like you who think they are cool for picking on kids who listen listen to genres of music that you dont consider to be 'cool'. If you dont like it, fair enough, but keep your unwanted opinions to yourself.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
well this is a thread for metalheads, most of whom have a great antipathy towards that sort of 'music'. so how bout you dont read this thread if your not into metal? and emo IS SHIT. no matter what way you put it, you can't polish a turd.

G

Gavvvvvin

w1ck3d_c10wn said:
well this is a thread for metalheads, most of whom have a great antipathy towards that sort of 'music'. so how bout you dont read this thread if your not into metal? and emo IS SHIT. no matter what way you put it, you can't polish a turd.
Well in that case, you might wanna tell your hardcore metalhead friends to keep out of the 'emo' threads, if their not into emo.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
its people that support shit, over-hyped, corporately sponsored, church sanctioned and politically endorsed music that make the world such a f**ked up place. i like metal, but i wouldnt classify myself as a metalhead. i appreciate good music and artists who work hard and show their talent. emo and all that teen-angst 'hardcore' bullshit doesnt cut it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)