• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anyone stuffed up an assesment and still got 90 or more UAI? (1 Viewer)

LoneWolf1990

HSC
What the title says, I mainly want to hear this from people who obviously did the HSC in the past.

WannaBang?

HSC
LoneWolf1990 said:
What the title says, I mainly want to hear this from people who obviously did the HSC in the past.
My brother failed all his assessments and recieved a UAI of 36%. :lol:

DTFM

HSC
I only stuffed up a single assessment.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: Anyone stuffed up an assesment and still got 90 or more UAI?

Yes.

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: 回复: Re: Anyone stuffed up an assesment and still got 90 or more UAI?

depends on what you mean by "stuffed up".

like my brother got 75 for english (and got high 80s/low 90s for the rest) and managed to get a uai of 94+.

runnable

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: Anyone stuffed up an assesment and still got 90 or more UAI?

How bad is your "stuffed up"...

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
=O that was mean BlackCountrySnow but he clearly doesn't care if he posted it in his sig lol

Bainesy

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
he's a troll lol.
yea he is a troll, and your a idiot.

I would focus on other subjects if your stuff up an assessment play to your strengths

if your screw up a Bio test, focus on your maths and modern and whatnot, leave bio at the bottom of the priority list. that way any future stuff ups will only occur in Bio, if at all, so the impact wont be as bad

lala2

Banned
HSC
lol yeah of course you can! first of all, what's your definition of stuffed up? and secondly, you need to just work harder at it if you think you have a chance, otherwise just focus on your other subjects. I think I got in the 50s for an assessment at one point (man that assessment was loaded with fail though--people complained) and ended up with an overll HSC mark of 87 for the subject and a UAI way more than 90.

HSC
I screwed up my very first English assessment, because I hate making models/posters and hated doing stupid speeches, so my mark was crap.
I got 95.35 uai.

Mind you, I also topped all the (standard) enlgish classes on the trials, so you need to work hard for it.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Bainesy said:

I would focus on other subjects if your stuff up an assessment play to your strengths

if your screw up a Bio test, focus on your maths and modern and whatnot, leave bio at the bottom of the priority list. that way any future stuff ups will only occur in Bio, if at all, so the impact wont be as bad
lol, you have no right to call anyone an idiot....

if you screw up a bio test. You SHOULD focus on bio to improve your understanding of the subject. If you put it on the bottom of you 'priority list' you will fall further and further behind and the mark you get for it will drag your UAI down enormously.

When you screw up don't lose hope and sweep it under the rug like Bainsey here does, do something about it.

Also, think about the law of diminishing returns. You're much better off spending time to cover the basics of two subjects than spending all your time excelling in one...

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
That's what I thought was logical. I was going to say it eariler, but thought perhaps I was wrong.
But that's what I'd do. Put more effort into what I'm shit at, and try and level myself =)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Bainesy said:

Let me know if get a decent UAI when you totally stuff up english.

ssglain

HSC
Sometimes a stuff-up isn't really a stuff-up. My MX2 raw internal mark was 74/100. Turned out that for my teacher 60 = mid E4. Don't pay too much attention to exact figures in internal assessments, especially if it's just a minor hiccup in one assessment. It's all relative.

rashwani23q

HSC
WELL i can lie to you and say>> this guy this girl got 90 and she failed her asesments but sorry buddy it dosent f=+24kn work like that, thats it, ur gone, stop studying, if i wer u, id repeat, or go to tafe, you got no future, consider plubming or electrician courses take care =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)