• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anybody good with romance? (1 Viewer)

mawissah

HSC
I need to write a short story (based on themes from The Love Story of J. Alfred Prufrock), so i chose the theme for love. But i have no idea what to write about or anything?
Suggestions? :D

mawissah

HSC
so far i've written this:

Cherry blossoms, innocently pure and white, with the slightest hue of pink near the stem. The pink symbolises young love, trust and immaturity, immaturity of the sweet young girl, before life’s experiences take over.
Have you ever experienced one sided love? You know, that love where the other person doesn’t acknowledge your existence, yet you can’t help but love every aspect of their whole being? For that person to know your feelings and return those to you would be a fantasy you wish would come true. A magical unicorn ride of a fantasy indeed. You tell yourself that you’re getting swept away by your feelings, but you just can’t help it. There is no substitute. Who knows, there might be someone out there who is harbouring the same feelings for you, but you don’t care, you don’t want to care. If it’s not that person, there is no one.
The radiant sun hung in the sapphire blue sky. The chirping of bids and the whistling of the breeze formed a beautiful morning tune. Speckled rays of the sun filtered through the leaves, sneaking its way in the darkened bedroom. In the room, loud snores can be constantly heard. The bed is slowly enveloped by the gentle warmth of the sun. Despite the heat, she was too immersed in her slumber to notice. The deafening sound of the alarm clock placed right next to her ear did not seem to work.
She ran through the silent corridors of the school, ran passed the aisle of lockers. She did not care about her appearance right now, whether her hair or uniform was neat. She was late. It was okay to be late unless it was Mrs Smith's class, the consequences would be horrible. She has watched how Mrs Smith humiliates late-comers in front of the class. She never wanted to be her victim, anyone's but hers.
Ariana is currently learning at Hamilton Academy. A sixteen-year old girl with dark brown eyes and long, wavy black hair, usually tied in a ponytail at the back of her head, secured with a small pink ribbon. She is a sweet, innocent young girl that pays attention in class, gets her schoolwork done and receives decent marks in examinations. She never played truant or have broken any of the school rules. Ariana is like a wall-flower, always there but never always noticed.
Her favourite seat in class is next to the window facing the oval. This is where she occasionally daydreams and watches the senior boys play soccer….

but i haven't thought up like a good storyline yet. :'(

aeleria

HSC
The beginning sounds really nice, but I feel as if the storyline will lead to a cliche story I'd read from fictionpress. You could write an angst-y love story? I do recall that one of Prufrock's themes was the meaningless of life. Factor it in maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)