• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anthony Callea - THe Devils Peanut Shell (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malevolence

Oh so cool
HSC
N/A
The australian record industry is in shamble at the moment. Fuck popstars, fuck idol, fuck the lot of them. Good australian bands are being bumped from their record lables so these [basicly] coverartists can get signed for a completly short term career. Not only is the winner of australian Idol getting a contract (which is fair enough) but seven of the runner ups, seven of THE LOSERS are getting signed anyway. More and more often these superficial coverartists are being signed to make the record companies a quick buck while slowley destroying the industry. Good aussie bands like You Am I are getting kicked for no reason. If this climate continues we will have no industry. Also, with this, as soon as the free trade agreement is passed we weill have no aussie content laws destroying our struggling industry further. Get over the cultural cringe Australia

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
james_chappo said:
Hey bazookajoe - how about you go stick your bazooka up Anthony Callea's arse
I didn't say I disagreed with it, I totally agree. But he copied all that off Jay from Frenzal Rhomb.

Malevolence

Oh so cool
HSC
N/A
hahaha, not copies. I do believe on this as they do, they had an awesome forum for expressing it with the Austereo thing though that popularised the issue. I have been on the band wagon for a while. I did however lift 'the devils peanut shell' from them directly from them on the mornings on triple J, just because its fucking funny, the fuck the lot of them was my 'tag line' intro. I say don’t create hate here, jump on the band wagon. Also, I am a huge fan of Aussie music in particular Frenzal Rhomb & the Self Righteous Brothers and You am I & the pictures, go Davey Lane, go.

Malevolence

Oh so cool
HSC
N/A
Oh, and in the wise words of James Chappo 'thank God for Triple J'

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
james_chappo said:
He just shares the same ideals as MANY loyal Australian music consumers and performers.
I agree that heaps and heaps of Aussies agree (me included, and obviously you as well). But he copied that whole thing from Jay, word for word.

http://www.bombshell.live.com.au/Frenzal_Fox_FM_Interview.mp3

J: Exactly. How is Bardot going these days?
O: Well they split up...
J: Exactly.
K: Well who cares about Bardot?
J: They're back working in the same shoe shop that they were working in...
O: No they're not...
J: ...The day before they joined Popstars!
K: Look, who cares though? Who cares? We're not talking about Bardot!
J: I know, you know what I care about? I care about the fact that there are bands like You Am I, good Australian bands, that are being dropped from their labels right now because, to make room for not only the Australian Idol winner - and I know we're not talking about Popstars right now and it doesn't affect you directly - we're not just talking about the Australian Idol winner, which is full fair enough, we're talking about six of the losers, that are now being signed to these major record companies for what? For these completely short term careers...
K: Yep.
J: ...So the record company can make a quick buck...
K: I agree, that is...
J: ...These bands aren't being nurtured...
K: I agree.
J: ...And for us to get up on stage and say, "Popstars, fudge 'em, fudge the lot of 'em, fudgeing get fudgeed, I'll stand by that, and I don't think that that should be offensive.

Malevolence

Oh so cool
HSC
N/A
and go them for doing that, i love them for the fact they turned an agressive interveiw around and used it for a forum. Like i said, i beleive in what they do too, i have had this view of th eindustry instille din my from a parent who wroks in the industry for a while. Not copying Frenzal... agreeing. Supporting, expressing. Go you too joe for being a frenzal fan, and for caring. But the agressive copy cat thing is annoying, im not saure what justice you ar etrying to defend when we are saying the same thing. Any how. Stay Groovy

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Well I thought you were promoting it as your own idea, ok forget argument. It's funny stuff though, a mate told me that Jay was arguing with Kyle and Jackie and I just had to listen. So funny, and so true. And they end it so badly that everyone knows they lost

Malevolence

Oh so cool
HSC
N/A
Yeah, and you can hear JackieO (is she a celebrity i can’t tell) say fuck. And I don't think it is anyone’s specific idea... but anyway, yeah it happened after a concert in Darwin which I think they say in there. I wasn’t sitting here copying Frenzal, more repeating whatever I hear from my father every time the radios accidentally ends up on 2dayFm or whatever. I love Frenzal and admire them for expressing to such a large audience what needs to be said and what people need to be aware of.

Malevolence

Oh so cool
HSC
N/A
no, of you like them you deserve a painfull fiery death along with them. They are pathetic, guy sebastian is gay as well.... he is a flamboyant raging homosexual... and i bet he is jewish. What the fuck?! i hate them, I HATE THEM SO MUCH! I WANT THEM TO DIE. I WOULD HAPILY BLEED THEM MYSELF GIVEN THE OPERTUNITY

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Thread closed. PM me with legit reasons to re-open it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)