• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

another random: are you allowed to thread (1 Viewer)

smartalec

HSC
you never know. it is one of the syllabus dot points.
also the hsc short answers have so far gone by this pattern:
07 = 1945
08 = aboriginals
09 = 1945
10 = aboriginals
11 = 1945! unless they ruin the pattern of course.

Atlas

HSC
N/A
haha so i dont know if anyone has thought of this, but we all know the supervisors are totally clueless about the type of exam we have to do.
so my question is...if we need to memorise statistics, could we put them in our calculater, then in the exam, press the 'answer' or 'memory' button and see the numbers? sneaky. i know.

E.G. in a sor exam if they asked us about the percentage of christians in australia. i could totes have my 'previous answer on my calulater' and have the answer of 64.9 ;)
Don't think you are the only one who had thought of using the memory function. It depends on whether you are willing to take the risk, they have randomly checked calculators in the past and don't assume that they didn't realise that the calculators have a memory function.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't understand what you could do with the memory function anyway. Sure, for like history, if you needed to remember a year - but they don't let calculators in History, I believe (could be wrong).

As for Maths, there's no reason why you'd need a particular number, in my opinion.

jamesfirst

HSC
for SOR you can.

Just input like

86644895 etc and it'll be 86%, 64%, 48%, 95% (census data)

but I think they give you the data anyway... or any biblical references 146 -> 14:6 lolllllllllllll but I won't be doing it

Corvid

HSC
N/A
Cause really, if you get caught with a bunch of dots on a piece of paper, noone will think it's Braille. :rolleyes2:
Nobodies going to notice if you just keep your hand in your pocket during an exam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Nobodies going to notice if you just keep your hand in your pocket during an exam.
And it's definitely not sus when a student has their hands in their pocket constantly in an exam. :rolleyes2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)