• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Another Atar estimate :) (1 Viewer)

prawnyscrawny

HSC
N/A
He couldnt believe it when he got his results, I remember him calling me up that day and he was ecstatic. It was funny because he was over the moon just to get an ATAR, whilst a family friend was devestated because he got 97.8 and not 99. As for the ATAR calculators, generally speaking they can be very accurate - just because it was wrong for him doesnt mean its going to be wrong for you.
hmm true that, but do you think it could be possible since I am doing similiar sort of scaling subjects and doing better than him? Unless ofcourse there was a mistake when the marks were being put in or he lied about them :p haha. ID BE OVER THE MOON IF I GOT 97.8!!! :p

enoilgam

HSC
hmm true that, but do you think it could be possible since I am doing similiar sort of scaling subjects and doing better than him? Unless ofcourse there was a mistake when the marks were being put in or he lied about them :p haha. ID BE OVER THE MOON IF I GOT 97.8!!! :p
I think you probably will get 50+ and most likely around 60. I entered his marks into the calculator myself because I was curious to see what he would get and the calculator said less than 30. Believe me, I'm not exaggerating here, EVERYONE thought he was going to get less than 30, especially since his trial marks ranged from 23-42%. He was a top guy though - school just wasnt his thing.

Last edited:

prawnyscrawny

HSC
N/A
I think you probably will get 50+ and most likely around 60. I entered his marks into the calculator myself because I was curious to see what he would get and the calculator said less than 30. Believe me, I'm not exaggerating here, EVERYONE thought he was going to get less than 30, especially since his trial marks ranged from 23-42%. He was a top guy though - school just wasnt his thing.
Thanks for the confidence boost! - atleast he is pretty happy with what he got, If i get 60+ which i would be happy with I will probably be doing SIBT @ macquarie so thanks for the estimates mate :) Did the guy come last in any of his subjects?

enoilgam

HSC
Thanks for the confidence boost! - atleast he is pretty happy with what he got, If i get 60+ which i would be happy with I will probably be doing SIBT @ macquarie so thanks for the estimates mate :) Did the guy come last in any of his subjects?
Yes, legal studies and I think one or two others (I think the others might have been business and/or SOR - although I'm not to sure). Best of luck for the HSC and reaching your goal.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Mystery marks are for those who dropped out in Year 10, for the most part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)