• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Amy Winehouse dead (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
do you live under a rock

most successful female artist at the grammys ever
Is she really? Wow. I knew she was spectacularly successful but didn't realise she was that enormous. I would have thought it'd be someone like Aretha Franklin or Madonna. (not that I prefer either)

S_A_M_U_t

HSC
oh in one night

5 grammys
She had won 5 in 2008.... But she wasn't the first to achieve this.... Female singers such as Lauryn Hill in 1999, Alicia Keys in 2002, Norah Jones in 2003, Beyonce in 2004 had all won five in one night.... Amy had won Record, Song and New Artist (3 of the prestigious 4 awards) and lost Album to Herbie Hancock (She was robbed of this award). She had also won Pop Vocal Album and Pop Vocal performance....

Beyonce is the only female to have beaten theirs and her own record, having achieved 6 Grammys in one night in 2010....

lol.... Sorry for the whole lesson, but the point I'm trying to get across is that Amy Winehouse was among the greats. I don't care about her savage lifestyle. All I love was the unique personality, raw talent and that rustic-soulful voice that haunt my ears in awe....

Her lyrics were hip-hop.... Sung to an old skool beat.... Making her a musical genius.... What artist today can do that? (Gaga? Perry? Huh.)

I was even going to do my EE2 major as a critical analysis on her lyrical writing.... That's how much I adored her music.

If no one hasn't heard her music, I suggest you should.... Despite her alcohol plagued life, she sung the truth about how an individual can be poisoned by the "fucked up feeling of love". Take on her witty, clever, vigorous, and sad poetry and you'll understand. If not, than that's that.

Peace.

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
My first thought of Amy Winehouse is:

[youtube]jYvv0mn5Ouc[/youtube]

Lentern

HSC
Anyone else read Russell Brands piece on her? Very moving stuff.

LonelyWolf

HSC
Re: RIP Amy Winehouse!

fucking pointless thread, she deserved to die.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)