• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

"All My Own Work" Program (1 Viewer)

studentcheese

HSC
It's boring and you have to write heaps of notes. However, if you finish early, the teacher will let you do unfinished homework in class :D No games though.

victoria10

HSC
i dont have any unfinished homework. i dont have any homework!

HSC
studentcheese said:
It's boring and you have to write heaps of notes. However, if you finish early, the teacher will let you do unfinished homework in class :D No games though.
er...notes? are you serious? we were given the booklet to finish in the holidays. I know i'm weird but it was rather interesting reading through all those facts. haha i finished the whole thing within an hour.

aimhigh10

HSC
yeah we did it online as well
but then we have a one-on-one interview w like the deputy principal ensuring we understood the online test
and then another in class written test

fun.

aimhigh10

HSC
yeah i know
but we have heaps of work and it is quite common for everyone to share work or just copy and paste something off the internet,
i guess thats why theres so much fuss

Kittikhun

HSC
When you actually think about it 'All My Work' will aid a lot in the future when you're referencing your work at university. You time referencing takes about half of the time of your assignment and if you don't know how to properly reference you are basically stuffed. I learnt this early; the hard way.

Anyway, on the subject of this matter, do you guys use the Harvard referencing system or something else?

Thanks.

camomile.tea

HSC
Kittikhun said:
When you actually think about it 'All My Work' will aid a lot in the future when you're referencing your work at university. You time referencing takes about half of the time of your assignment and if you don't know how to properly reference you are basically stuffed. I learnt this early; the hard way.

Anyway, on the subject of this matter, do you guys use the Harvard referencing system or something else?

Thanks.
I agree. despite the fact that it was boring, I did learn a bit about footnotes, endnotes and other proper methods of referencing. And my school uses the Harvard system. They're quite strict on these kinds of things, so it's like a second language. How nerdy, lol.

Kittikhun

HSC
I agree. despite the fact that it was boring, I did learn a bit about footnotes, endnotes and other proper methods of referencing. And my school uses the Harvard system. They're quite strict on these kinds of things, so it's like a second language. How nerdy, lol.

At least you guys are doing in Year 10. My school is doing at the start of year 12 which is incredulous! I know how to do it anyway by serendity, but I feel kind of bad for the students in my year who have talent and potential but are bereft of the knowledge of how to reference and being stuff next year because of it. Do you guys have to do it again at year 12 or is it just my school?

Thanks.

camomile.tea

HSC
Kittikhun said:
At least you guys are doing in Year 10. My school is doing at the start of year 12 which is incredulous! I know how to do it anyway by serendity, but I feel kind of bad for the students in my year who have talent and potential but are bereft of the knowledge of how to reference and being stuff next year because of it. Do you guys have to do it again at year 12 or is it just my school?

Thanks.
That's odd. We always do it at the end of year 10 (when there's nothing else to do), and it seems like a lot of other schools do too (though I'm not sure about this). And if they didn't complete the task in year 10, they'd be called up to finish it off the next year. It seems like it would be a waste of time if you did it during your hsc course when you could be learning your subjects instead.

But I'm sure the students in your grade would refer to the school handbook if in doubt about referencing.

HSC
Iain Hewitson said:
What does the program entail? I know there have been threads regarding the program before but I can't seem to find any. We're doing it on Monday (17/11/08)

Anyone know anything about it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(5 minutes later) Should have just used Google.
http://amow.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/

Thoughts?
Pretty pointless if you ask me xD

Kittikhun

HSC
camomile.tea said:
But I'm sure the students in your grade would refer to the school handbook if in doubt about referencing.
Most students at my school don't know about the school handbook about referencing and hardly anyone has touched it besides the teachers and me. Make sure that when you have children that you send them to a good school and not mine!(just for the referencing facet; my school does have good teachers but many insolent, uncomitted students)

camomile.tea

HSC
Kittikhun said:
Most students at my school don't know about the school handbook about referencing and hardly anyone has touched it besides the teachers and me. Make sure that when you have children that you send them to a good school and not mine!(just for the referencing facet; my school does have good teachers but many insolent, uncomitted students)
I guess learning how to reference wouldn't make much of a difference for them then? At least in terms of marks, it doesn't mean much. As long as it proves you haven't plagiarised. I just think you feel safer and it looks more professional if you do it properly.

Kittikhun

HSC
Well, unless if you're doing history but besides that exact.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
boring and pointless indeed

i think my test was a bit flawed.. i could submit EACH question even if i got it wrong and so if i did get a question wrong i could press the back button and would change my answer

aimhigh10

HSC
b00m said:
boring and pointless indeed

i think my test was a bit flawed.. i could submit EACH question even if i got it wrong and so if i did get a question wrong i could press the back button and would change my answer

agreed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)