• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

acturial studies (im in 12) (1 Viewer)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
hey guys... ummm im gunna get my results in 2 wks... and im hopin to get into actuarial

hmm thing is... ive applied for lotsa trainee accountancy jobs

u rkn its worth it if i get in [25k/yr full time.. hafta do part time uni] ... like in terms of a future in actuarial?

the money is nice and all but yeh.. will this role look good for future actuarial jobs and also do you know of anyone that does trainee type accountancy jobs full time whlist doin actuarial part time??

thx :]

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
bigredboof said:
which ones?
1 Position here :
"Job Title: Junior Personal Assistant
Job Description: Macquarie Bank's Banking and Property Group are looking for an Administration Assistant to join their team"

2 positions here (I think they got another one open as well, so, 3):
"Job Title: Junior Office Administrator
Job Description: Fantastic opportunity for a recent school leaver with office experience to work in the banking industry for Macquarie Bank."

*waits for phone call* ;) :uhhuh:

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Grizzly said:
1 Position here :
"Job Title: Junior Personal Assistant
Job Description: Macquarie Bank's Banking and Property Group are looking for an Administration Assistant to join their team"

2 positions here (I think they got another one open as well, so, 3):
"Job Title: Junior Office Administrator
Job Description: Fantastic opportunity for a recent school leaver with office experience to work in the banking industry for Macquarie Bank."

*waits for phone call* ;) :uhhuh:
i applied for an office admin position ages ago at Deloitte..no reply yet..so dun get ur hopes up

bigredboof

HSC
hey guys... ummm im gunna get my results in 2 wks... and im hopin to get into actuarial

hmm thing is... ive applied for lotsa trainee accountancy jobs

u rkn its worth it if i get in [25k/yr full time.. hafta do part time uni] ... like in terms of a future in actuarial?

the money is nice and all but yeh.. will this role look good for future actuarial jobs and also do you know of anyone that does trainee type accountancy jobs full time whlist doin actuarial part time??

I dont understand, if you do a trainee accountancy job, wont they be expecting you to do an accounting degree not an actuarial degree.
Plus, it also depends on if the company is big and if youve got room to move.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
§eraphim said:
i applied for an office admin position ages ago at Deloitte..no reply yet..so dun get ur hopes up
Yup, im a pessimist - so i always plan for the worst so i wont get disappointed.

aditya

HSC
nah u can do bcom double major in accounting and acturial.... but the only thing that bugs me is that alot of really smart people go into actuary full time and cant cope... u go in with a 9-5 job and two majors... ur gonna die.... u might as well do actuarial/law.....

but i dno the policy on cadetship... if u can drop it midway through... then hurrai.. take it earn the 25grand in the first year and wen u start doign actuary subjects u can drop the shit... one yrs expereince.... 25 thousand dollars lol.... y not?

Actuarial Boy
HSC
they r lookin for ppl with finance related degree so yea

any thoughts ?? :]

thx for input aditya

Actuarial Boy
HSC
oh yeh btw it is not a cadetship.. just a 'trainee accountant' job

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
Isaaq said:
OK just an update....Arrived in Manila last Thursday. Bought a whole heap of shirts/pants/ties and got some shades...... I've definitely now got my bling on and am looking 100% P.I.M.P..... vacation work is 90% looking cool and pimping and 10% actual work......now i'm ready to hit the office....

first day at work tommorow... work hours are 9 to 5 so I've been reccomended to get there around 8:30 to look keen. I have to take the Mass Rail Transit (MRT) service which is crowded but faster than the bus. I've been advised to report to the head actuary who has his American qualifications (SOA) and will basically order me around for a while.

malachite and flamin': Have u guys started yet? Or are you still partying up on the coast????

ND: i know u read these forums....give us an update of how you're going in Arab Bank :)

hey isaac
juz got back from coast...
start work 2moro 9am. *fingers crossed dun get fired on first day*

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
omg mala, tell us about ur first big day as an actuarist :p

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
omg omg omg i sent wrong client info to sum1 and got fired!!!!!

not.

it was pretty good. very relaxing.

we get our own desk wiv computer, fone etc.

after arriving late, a graduate employee introed us around the office. our work revolves around actuarial software called MoSes, so first thing we did was watch powerpoint introduction. then watched someone at testing department show us how to do some testing. then got issued ~300 page MoSes manual wiv hands on tutorial etc and started mowing through it. we have like a week or 2 to get to know the software.

went to lunch wiv workmates and some trainees from Beijing. talked about places the beijing dudes can visit here and company sporting comps against other corporate firms..

really laid back atmosphere...nice...

oh and free drinks like coke, coffee etc and fresh fruit...
kangaroo and crocadile pizza for lunch 2moro. they're ordering it for the beijing dudes to try.

aditya

HSC
hahaha sounds awesome... yet boring... u do an actuary to do finance work lol not learn computer program... sorry but i did tafe accounting and i know wat its like to learn about software... so yeh..

IT suddenly doesnt sound so bad *thinks*

oh yeh ryan is that the ad i saw on my career lol.. that i called and they said the positions have been fillled :mad::mad::mad::mad: lol

yeh man take it for sure!!! if its finance related thats full mad... u should take it without any doubts... and do ur best to get through it.... thatll land u mad jobs, let alone jobs later on.... if u dunt at least try it ull regret it... undoubtedly...

Last edited:

aditya

HSC
btw i just wanted to congratulate myself on starting such a popular thread (H) 3700 views! thanks guys

*crowd yells out speech speech*

ok ok
firstly id just like to say thanks to ALL THE WONDERFUL FANS OUT THERE!!

*wipes tear*

and i wanna say thanks to my muma and papa *wipes another tear* for all the support.... and love they gave me

thanks guys

aditya

HSC
and also to this mad message at the end of every forum page

"THE HSC HAS FINISHED! "

WE FUCKN KNOW!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Isaaq said:
another good thing is that they have all heard of Macquarie..without exception.
I wonder if this is also a good thing for us accg/finance/mktg/bba graduates....

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
aditya said:
hahaha sounds awesome... yet boring... u do an actuary to do finance work lol not learn computer program...
well not really...i'd rather spend my day sitting infront of a comp running thousands of simulations rather than doing them by hand...

haha isaac, im at work bro. sif i pick up any1 from work. with that said one of the receptionist is pretty hot. my workstation is pretty close to hers and all i hear all day is her voice.

crocodile and kangaroo pizza was nice 2day. company paid for it all. We all got full, but the owner of restaurant kept bringing out new stuff that we didnt order. the guy was thick he kept bringing it out. we left wiv the clients and the receptionists stayed to fight it out. the result was that we offered to pay for the pizzas and non of the stuff we didnt order, but the dude chucked a spaz and told them to get out so company didnt end up paying anything.

aditya

HSC
no that sucks lol... sitting infront of a computer sucks big time.... is that what acturial studies has come to???? omg..... law is great... i wnana do law :'(

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
aditya said:
no that sucks lol... sitting infront of a computer sucks big time.... is that what acturial studies has come to???? omg..... law is great... i wnana do law :'(
what did you expect?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)