• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

accounting for business final exam!! (1 Viewer)

anomynouss

HSC
i think most people in here wouldve done the exam previously. any tips?

i had a quick browse and noticed we need to know exchange rates US$, gold$ and oil??

i know he mentioned something about telstra's change of CEO in the last lec, but i have no idea anything else

its still 75MC, practical + theory - decision making, practical + theory - management accounting, theory - earnings management.

theres no pass papers as i assume they're similiar. anyone want to help me? any pass papers or any questions u remember that popped up would be of great help!!

spence

HSC
All I remember is the multiple choice were fucking hard. The rest was reasonable though

anomynouss

HSC
hey spence! wanna explain why they were so hard?

any particular questions u remember? haha im so worried!!!!

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC
hey spence! wanna explain why they were so hard?

any particular questions u remember? haha im so worried!!!!
I believe the best way to approach the MCQ is by going through the QCs of each chapter and know your lectures inside out.

I remember the questions they asked us, like which inventory system gives the lowest tax returns or something like that, we had MCQs that tested the theory. I think the best way is to do the all QCs and understand why the answers to each of the QCs.

For part B, I think it should be piece of cake because they can't ask anything harder than the tutorial exercises.

For the financial ratios, just know them and from where to get the numbers. Again, accounting requires a lot of practice , that's why to all of the tutorial questions and you should at least secure a high C.

layzeehbum

HSC
omfg, the test was effing hard!
i couldn't finish the mcq, skipped a part, and bull completely in one of the questions.... still hoping to get a D though...

Frannz

HSC
Yeah, we did need to know the price of gold and crude oil..

Overall it wasn't too hard, easiest and probably the most predictable part was financial statement analysis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)