• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

A Game: Battleground God (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
There are a few people I'd watch out for on there, i.e. Ian, but on the whole on there you'll get some REALLY good answers. To the extent of the topic they're talking about there, I don't see why it matters essentially if our 'reality' is just an illusion, even if it is, for us it is our reality which we exist inside, we know nothing else. So of course, there's always a possibility that everything we know to be true is wrong, but there's no reason to believe that when based on the facts we currently know we have the best answer we can possibily come up with using what limited knowledge about our 'reality' we have.

Whether or not that is ultimately wrong, who cares?

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Nah i'm "TheChadd"

They are very smart, some of the guys there are leaders in their respective fields... like there's one guy there who is basically the king when it comes to audio engineering, I read a very long post where he slammed all the 'audiophiles' that believe vinyl records produce better sound quality than CD's/DVD's.

Also, look at the way they carry out tests about things... it's real good to get that sort of thing down for everyday life, like when someone tells you something unbelievable.

In short, if you want to hone your critical thinking skills beyond that of 'teh BOS', i'd recommend signing up for the JREF forums and taking on the big boys :p

spell check

HSC
i think people are naturally more intellectually lenient and irrational when it comes to denying the existence of god, because its such a culturally and emotionally loaded topic

however that doesn't make discussion of god any less ridiculous

X

xeuyrawp

How can a site assess logic and reason, but have an obvious spelling mistake:

Question 6

Evolutionary theory maybe false in some matters of detail, but it is essentially true.

santaslayer

HSC
You have reached the end!

Congratulations! You have made it to the end of this activity.

You took 1 direct hit and you have bitten zero bullets. The average player of this activity to date takes 1.39 hits and bites 1.11 bullets. 315776 people have so far undertaken this activity.

Click the link below for further analysis of your performance and to see if you've won an award.

You have been awarded the TPM medal of distinction! This is our second highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity being hit only once and biting no bullets suggests that your beliefs about God are well thought out and almost entirely internally consistent.

The direct hit you suffered occurred because one set of your answers implied a logical contradiction. At the bottom of this page, we have reproduced the analysis of your direct hit. You would have bitten bullets had you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. However, this did not occur which means that despite the direct hit you qualify for our second highest award. A good achievement!

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
only one bite the bullet.

I played it as a logic test, not to test the logic of my real assumptions. From the 1st question on I was trampling all over my inner, mystical convictions, replacing them with a cold, lifeless clump of 'logic'.

HSC
Serius said:
yeh ofcourse he is beyond our capability of understanding, i cant even wrap my head around how the universe is supposed to be infinitetly big, but its growing larger, larger than what exactly? does that mean it is infinitely larger today than it was yesterday?
God is way to hard to udnerstand

so to what exstent does science = faith?
Its not infinite in the sense that it has infinite volume etc because you are right how can it be expanding if it is already infinite. However if you look at the universe as being infinitely folded on itself this works because the boundaries can continue to expand. This way the universe can still be inifinite ie it is folded up on itself.

This has also the connotation that you the universe is basically edgeless eg you can't run into some 'boundary'.

Now this wasn't researched at all and its on my understanding so please take with a pinch of salt!

No im getting prepared to be shot out of the air from people doing physics at uni!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Looking back, I took one bullet rather than two as of when I first made this thread

Stef wised up!

You stated earlier that evolutionary theory is essentially true. However, you have now claimed that it is foolish to believe in God without certain, irrevocable proof that she exists. The problem is that there is no certain proof that evolutionary theory is true - even though there is overwhelming evidence that it is true. So it seems that you require certain, irrevocable proof for God's existence, but accept evolutionary theory without certain proof.

Congratulations!

You have been awarded the TPM medal of distinction! This is our second highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity without being hit and biting only one bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and well thought out.

A direct hit would have occurred had you answered in a way that implied a logical contradiction. The bitten bullet occurred because you responded in a way that required that you held a view that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. However, because you bit only one bullet and avoided direct hits completely you still qualify for our second highest award. A good achievement!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)