• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

4 hours back to back (2 Viewers)

HSC
SweetSeasons said:
disection was the only thing that kept me going when i did science at uni.. cept for when we disected flowers.. that was sooooo boring
lmfao!

SweetSeasons

HSC
Nobody Listened said:
lol, it's so true.. shit man science at school was so much fun i loved bio n chem.. soon as i got to uni, shit i couldnt wait to get out!

Malfoy.. at least that means haha you can just not go on that day if u feel like it.. some days u just dont wanna go, but u gotta cause u have a tute or a prac.. leactures are easy to catch up on..

pottsy44

HSC
ive done 9 hours straight with no breaks before 9-6.

although i actually never stayed the whole time :rofl: eg i was there from 9-1 or 9-3 or 1-6 or 3-6 whatever..

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
I've had 10 hours squeezed into 8-5 with no break on more than one semester.

As for cadavers, they aren't usually frozen, as frozen cadavers are quite hard to cut. Cadavers are rare, which means they won't let just any anatomy student cut one up. Not to mention proper dissection technique is an artform and takes time to learn (it's not just "slice this open").

Dissections aren't that bad. I've eaten while watching a video of it and I'm pretty sure I can do it in real life (except for no eating in the morgue rule).

chookie_06

ø¤º°©ђòókîë_0 6™°º¤ø
HSC
yeah eating while dissecting a koala or a body isnt advised lol

xxPanDa

HSC
thegovernator said:
do you think this is too heavy? a 2 hour lecture followed by a 2 hour tute. my timetable is borked.
dude thats nothing compared to others..

i have this one subject, (architecture studio) FIVE hours straight, ONE SUBJECT
at least u get some sort of break wen ur moving from ur lecture to ur tut.. i stay in the same place with the same ppl for 5 HRS

L

LaraB

thegovernator said:
do you think this is too heavy? a 2 hour lecture followed by a 2 hour tute. my timetable is borked.
Try 9-5pm work and them 6-9pm uni :p

Or 8am to 6pm uni with only one hour off...

4 hrs straight isn't bad :) especially since its' two differnt classes... four hours straight only sucks when it's one 4 hour seminar because you lose your concentration but since its 2 separate things you should be fine :)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
chookie_06 said:
yeah eating while dissecting a koala or a body isnt advised lol
yeah.. my stomach grumbles during surgery.. its really bad

FeelBare

HSC
I got 4 days of 4-hours blocks of lectures/tutes. But I don't mind that, just the 9am starts (I live an hour and a bit away). Damnation.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah 9am starts are a killer, especially if you live more than an hr away from uni
that said i usually jig 9am lectures :p

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
after reading this im kinda glad anatomy was full this semester.. gives me a year to get my stomach ready lol

my worst is 4hrs back 2 back.. pretty good i reckon, except for the fact that its chem

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Tennille said:
Try 7 hours back to back.

You'll be fine. You can eat your lunch between lectures (or even in lectures).
Try 12 hours!

We're talking about sleeping right?!

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Senior chem labs are 4 hours long, and molecular bio/biochem are 5 hours, so I really don't see what's the big deal.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+: It prepares you just in case you have an 18 hour marathon surgery :p

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Templar said:
Senior chem labs are 4 hours long, and molecular bio/biochem are 5 hours, so I really don't see what's the big deal.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+: It prepares you just in case you have an 18 hour marathon surgery :p
i assisted in 1 .. and i was standing doing a very simple task.. and wow.. its killer on the legs... i was there for about 6hrs

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
It depends on the person but I prefer it that way, I try and cram my timetable because I dont work in gaps at uni, I work better before or after class rather than inbetween, I've done 5-6hrs straight, you get used to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)